Insure shipments in Transsmart with nShift Insurance
nShift and Cover Genius have partnered, making it possible for you to insure shipments. You can opt-in via nShift and your premiums will be invoiced by nShift. nShift has established an integration with Cover Genius’ platform called XCover. The opt-in and insurance flow will go via nShift; the claims flow will go via XCover.
Your coverage will be set to your order total (shipment value + shipping costs). nShift Insurance reimburses you for the total order value if your shipment is lost, stolen or damaged.
In this document you can find all information about the flow and a manual how to activate insurance.
In the FAQ document you will find a list of answers to all questions that you might have.
The insurance flow
- Step 1: opt-in.
- Step 2: insure shipments by printing a label. As soon as a shipment has status LABL, the insurance booking will be made and the shipment will be protected by the policy.
- nShift will invoice the premiums once per month.
- The claims flow starts within the shipment and follow-up will be done by Cover Genius via email. Payments are done by Cover Genius to the companies bank account.
Manual - MyTranssmart & API changes
1. Insurance opt-in page
The opt-in page is added in [Manage account, Insurance] and accessible for a user with the Administrator role.
By default insurance is disabled:
Explanation of fields
- Enable - To enable insurance, you will need to fill all mandatory fields, make sure you have read the coverage terms and conditions. By saving this page, you are automatically accepting the terms and conditions.
- Automatically insure all new shipments - When insurance is enabled, this setting will be set to Yes by default. Every new shipment that is sent in via API, imported via Excel or manually created will be insured. It is possible to disable insurance for a specific shipment in the shipment details page. If you do not want to automatically insure new shipments but decide it per shipment, this setting can be set to No.
- Link to coverage Terms and Conditions - Please click the link and read the Terms and Conditions. The language of the URL is the same as the language code of the account in menu [Manage account, Account Settings].
- EN: https://static.xcover.com/media/pds/27a54ab5-a616-4e09-b6df-fead6603a8c2/IPID_Shipping_EN.pdf
- NL: https://static.xcover.com/media/pds/27a54ab5-a616-4e09-b6df-fead6603a8c2/IPID_Shipping_NL.pdf
- DE: https://static.xcover.com/media/pds/27a54ab5-a616-4e09-b6df-fead6603a8c2/IPID_Shipping_DE.pdf
- FR: https://static.xcover.com/media/pds/27a54ab5-a616-4e09-b6df-fead6603a8c2/IPID_Shipping_FR.pdf
- Accepted by - If all fields are filled in, after pressing Save it will store the logged in user name in this read-only field.
- Accepted on - If all fields are filled in, after pressing Save it will store the current date in this read-only field.
Section Policy holder
- Company name - The full name of the company to which the policies will be registered and which will be used to reimburse claims.
- Country - The country of the policy holder. This field is very important because it decides if/which insurance tax is applicable.
- Confirmation email address - We advise to fill in a shared mailbox because to this email address all policies and claim communication will be sent. Make sure that employees who need to see policies and/or need to handle claims, have access to this mailbox.
- Save - Press button Save to save changes and from that moment on, insurance is activated for this account and sub accounts if applicable. Please visit the FAQ’s page to learn more about setting up insurance for sub accounts.
2. Shipment details page
In menu [Manage shipments] when zooming into the shipment details page we have added the following 2 sections.
In the Information section we have added the Insurance part.
When the shipment has status NONE, NEW or BOOK, this section will not show information. As soon as the label is printed the insurance will be booked. At that moment the shipment has status LABL and then this section will show a green checked circle and the following information.
- Insured value - This is the Shipment value + Shipping costs
- Premium - This is the premium amount for this shipment. This field is including taxes. For tax details, see the certificate of insurance.
- Certificate of insurance - When clicking this link, it will open a new page with the certificate. This certificate will show the policy information and the premium and taxes if applicable.
- Submit claim - When clicking this link, it will open a new page and you can start the claim process with Cover Genius.
In the Shipping information section:
New part Insurance with fields:
- Enable - This field can be enabled or disabled. The default value can be managed in [Manage account, Insurance]. If enabled and all mandatory fields are filled, a premium calculation will be done. Important fields to calculate the premium can be found in the FAQ: Based on which fields is insurance calculated? which can be found in this document.
- Premium -This is a read-only field. The premium shows the calculated premium incl. taxes.
- Currency -This is a read-only field. The Currency is the same as the shipment value currency.
As long as the shipment has status NONE, NEW or BOOK, the premium will be recalculated when the following fields are modified:
- Receiver country
- Sender country
- Shipment value
- Shipping costs
Once a shipment is printed, so has status LABL or higher, the premium will not be recalculated, since the shipment is definite and cannot be modified anymore.
- When manually creating a new shipment, the information section is not visible yet.
- When duplicating an existing shipment, it will also take over the value enable/disable insurance of the source shipment. So, it will ignore the default setting for new shipments.
- When you zoom into a shipment which was sent in via ERP/WMS and has status NONE, NEW or BOOK, you can still enable or disable insurance for that shipment.
- When you zoom into a shipment which has status LABL or higher, you cannot change the insurance setting enabled/disabled anymore.
3. Function Import shipments in menu [Manage shipments].
With Import shipments you are able to import an Excel file with shipments. In the Excel template we did not yet add the insurance field but when importing shipments, it will add insurance automatically if you have enabled Insurance in [Manage account, Insurance] and the setting Automatically insure all new shipments is set to Yes. If that setting is set to No, and you would like to insure one or more imported shipments you can do that manually per shipment, as long as the shipment status is still NONE, NEW or BOOK.
4. API changes.
See DevDocs for more information about the API changes.
- 2.1 shipment booking - We have added an extra field Insurance which can have a value false (default) or true.
You can add field ‘insurance’ = true to insure a shipment.
- 3.2 rates call - We have added a get price call.
You can calculate insurance for a shipment; in the response it will show the premium that is calculated for this shipment.
- 3.3 rates call - We have added a get insurance data call.
You can request the insurance date of a printed/insured shipment; in the response it will show the premium, insuredValue, claimLink and policyLink for this shipment.
- We have adjusted the printing service to actually book the insurance with Cover Genius’ platform XCover as soon as an API print call (or print action in MyTranssmart) is done.
5. SOAP Webservice changes
We did not yet change the SOAP Webservice so the insurance functionality is only available for API integrations and MyTranssmart users. In the near future we will make a decision if and if so, when we will implement it for the SOAP Webservice. Keep an eye on our release notes. Make sure to subscribe to them so you will get informed about new developments.