Today 31-Jan-2023 we have deployed below changes and fixes to our Beta environment.
The release to Accept is scheduled Monday 6-Feb-2023.
The release to Production is scheduled Tuesday 7-Feb-2023.
General note: because it’s possible that users are working in the MyTranssmart dashboard at the moment of the deployment, it is recommended that users log off the dashboard, press Ctrl + F5 to reload the current browser page including the browser cache and log in again.
Shipment overview and details page changes
- In the shipment details page was a validation difference between Sender & Receiver on one hand and Invoice & Third Party on the other hand. Now all mandatory fields in these four sections are validated in the same way.
- When creating a new shipment while making use of a booking profile code, the field 'Mail type' was not taken from the booking profile configuration; it stayed empty. This is solved now.
- In the Manifest and Manage shipments pages, we have disabled the pagination buttons (next/previous page) and 'Jump to' field when there are no shipments to be shown.
Location select / PUDO (PickUp DropOff) points
- When selecting a pudo (pickup/dropoff) point via location select, we will generate an additional reference with type SERVICEPOINT and in the value the Service Point ID of the pudo location. In case the carrier does not send that field or sends in an empty value, before we create an additional reference with type SERVICEPOINT and empty value. Because the value is a mandatory field, the shipment could not be saved. This is solved now; when the Service Point ID in the carrier response is not existing or empty, we will not generate an incomplete additional reference record anymore.
- In the Email Template the text in the tooltip of the field 'From email' has been improved:
- In the Account settings the text in the tooltip of the field 'Setup based on' (under Email template) has been improved:
- In the dropdown list of the field 'Mail type' we have removed the "empty option". Before, you were able to select an empty value in the shipment, also when sending it in via Webservice or API, but when booking a shipment, the value will always be changed into "0" anyway. So now we have aligned the dropdown list options with that already existing business logic.