Third Party rates
You need to have Third-Party-Calculated-Shipping-Rates Enabled if you wish to display Webshipper rates in your checkout.
This can be enabled by Shopify's customer support/service.
NOTE: Remember this has to be enabled before you set up the integration. If you do it after, the integration will have to be reconnected to your shop again.
1. Create New Order Channel
For setting up Shopify you will need admin access to your Shopify account.
Start by navigating to Connect Order channels and click 'New order channel'.
Choose 'Shopify' and press 'Connect'.
2. Setting up the details
In the form, you need to enter the details of your shop which you require.
You can specify the checkboxes exactly as you would like them however, we recommend checking the boxes as illustrated in the images below:
- Order channel name of your choice
- Amount of drop points to display if you have a drop point shipping method
- Shop URL
- Synchronization status
- Sync order cancellation (recommended - will cancel Webshipper order if Shopify order is cancelled)
- Sync order tags (recommended)
- Show drop point distance in checkout (recommended)
- Prefix drop point (put a pre text in front of your generated drop points)
- Only show rates in Shop Currency (recommended if using multiple currencies)
- Sync order lines (recommended)
- Include recommended risk action (recommended)
- Meta fields from Shopify you wish to import
- Capture money on fulfillment (recommended)
- Mark invoice as paid on fulfillment (recommended)
- Notify customers with the Shopify notification options (recommended)
- Capture entire order on all orders and not just separate order lines
Once you enter the name of your shop in the text area where it says 'Your .myshopify URL', you will see a button where it says 'Grant permission'.
Pressing the button will redirect you to your .myshopify admin page, where you need to log in with your Shopify credentials.
You will be met with a page asking if you want to allow Webshipper to integrate with Shopify and install the unlisted app. Click 'Accept'.
You will now be redirected back to Webshipper. Fill out the remaining fields and finally press 'Create order channel' to finish the setup.
Congratulations! The connection between Shopify and Webshipper is complete, and orders made in your store are now transferred to Webshipper.
NOTE: Remember to delete your already existing rates created in Shopify to avoid having double rates in checkout.
3. The remaining fields explained
Locations are used from your Settings Locations library
Read more here about locations.
Mark if you wish for your orders to be automatically fulfilled in the shop once it has been sent in Webshipper. If the integration fails on a high number of orders when trying to fulfill in the shop, this checkmark will deactivate and you will receive a notification email regarding it and how to solve it.
Do you wish to just let the system run everything? awesome, just check this box and let the platform create your shipping labels automatically for you.
The next two sections are a bit related.
First select which Parcel slip (Danish: følgeseddel) you wish to apply from your parcel slips template library and add your logo to it. If you wish for it to be automatically printed, you will need to select a workstation in the Print settings just below. Read more about parcel slips here.
Finally, you can create matches or link on orders to the rightful shipping rate.
Read more about matching and linking orders to rates here
Remember to press Create order channel / Update order channel when you are done :-)