Having a piece of software that is continuously running, can sometimes run into some issues.
We've created a list of things to try if you are unable to print.
- Check if the Webshipper Silent Printer is running on your PC or Mac
- Restart the program
- Program already running?
- Test the printer
- Check the local printer queue
- Check which printer the client is trying to print from
- Check if you have one of the recent Windows updates installed
Check if the Webshipper Silent Printer is running on your PC or Mac
- (Windows) - You should see a small icon with the Webshipper logo in your process bar (the icons are located next to the clock in the bottom right). You may need to show the hidden ones, by clicking the little arrow pointing upwards.
- (Mac) - You should see a small icon with the Webshipper logo in the top right of the screen next to the clock.
How-to: Search for the program Webshipper Silent printer on your PC or Mac and open it.
Restart the program
How-to: Open the Printer client and click "Exit". Start the program again.
Program already running?
How-to: For windows find the program and open it from your start bar (next to your clock in the bottom right corner). For Mac, the app will appear with a dot inside the launchpad.
In Windows, you can open your task manager (job list) and check if the service is running.
Test the printer
How-to: Open a document on your computer that is not related to Webshipper and see if you can print. If not, you should look at troubleshooting the printer.
For label printers on Mac computers, make sure you installed the software and that the type is correct.
Check the local printer queue
How-to: Sometimes you can see that it is one particular file that is not printing correctly, and all you may need to do is get rid of that one file.
If you want to try deleting the one file that is creating the log jam:
1. Click on Settings.
2. Select Printers.
3. Click Open Queue.
4. Select the file that you believe is causing the problem.
5. Click on documents and select the option to cancel the print job.
If you try that and the printer queue is still stuck, try using the printer menu to delete all the print jobs.
Check which printer the client is trying to print from
How-to: Navigate to Settings > Printers and make sure that the correct printers are selected
Check if you have one of the recent Windows updates installed
How-to: navigate to your control panel in windows -> select add/remove programs -> look in the top right corner for windows updates.
See if KB4560960 appears on the list. If it does, please remove it. This update from Windows is known to conflict with all third-party applications.
See if KB5000802 appears on the list. If it does, please remove it. This update from Windows is known to conflict with all third-party applications. Read more here.