This article will show you how to add a simple fee to your Custom Price Calculation (CPC) setup. A fee is a simple supplement that is added to the price and in this example, we will show you how to add a 5% fee to all prices, using the CPC interface.
If you need to edit a price, please read more in this article: CPC - Edit a price
Hosted solutions (Shipment Server or Ticket)
- Log into nShift Portal and go to Settings.
- Go to HOSTED BOOK & PRINT > Price Calculation in the left side menu.
- Locate the relevant file and choose Edit.
- The current file is placed under Published. Choose Clone in drafts. This will make a copy of your file and place it under Drafts so you can edit it without affecting the live file.
- You will now see a version of the file under Drafts. Click on the three dots and choose Edit.
- Go to the Indicators tab and click New.
- Select Fee from the Type drop-down list.
- Name your fee in a way so you can remember what it does, eg. "Oil fee", "Weight fee", etc.
- Fill in a value in the Order field. If you have multiple indicators, they will be applied according to the value in the order field. The priority is in ascending order, so 1 is applied before 2, 2 before 3, etc.
- Choose an Entry Interval from the drop-down list. It must always match what you set as Measurement in the Calculation type section under the Main tab. In this example, it is set to Weight.
- Set the Indicator. This decides whether the fee value is a fixed sum or is applied as a percentage. In this example, we are applying a percentage.
- Choose To base value under Basis.
- Click Add in the Intervals (Weight) section and fill in the From and To values with 0 and * as shown in the image below.
- Click Add in the Prices section.
- Set the Route to All and add 5 in the Percentage field.
- Click Save at the top of the page.
- Go back to the Files overview page and publish the file under Drafts. A fee of 5% is now added to all base prices.
Image showing what the configuration looks like in the interface: