Use the Notifications feature in nShift Portal to set up branded, customized e-mails and text messages and configure triggers for when they should be sent. This article will explain how to create basic profiles and configure triggers for when to send notifications. Before you set up a profile, it is a good idea to create the email and SMS templates for the notifications.
Read more here: Create and edit templates for Notifications and Create Advanaced profiles for Notifications.
Creating a basic profile for Notifications
Once you have created the templates for your notifications, you must create a profile to configure when the different templates should be used and when notifications are triggered.
- Log into nShift Portal with your owner user. Only owner profiles have access to all the features needed to configure notifications.
- Click on Settings in the top right corner.
- Go to NOTIFICATIONS > Profiles in the left side menu and click New.
- Select the Basic profile type and click Create. A basic profile enables you to send notifications on most events and carrier exceptions.
- Start by naming your profile and adding a description. This will help you identify the profile later.
- Select a Template. The drop-down list will show all your available templates.
- Make sure to set the Enabled toggle switch to active if you want the profile to be active immediately.
- The Trigger section is where you specify when the notification should be sent. Choose one of the standard triggers or choose to Define your own trigger. If you choose to Define your own trigger you will see two new drop-down lists where you can select a Category and an Event. These are all the normalized events from nShift Portal (read more here).
- You can choose to specify whether events should be ignored after a certain number of days. This may be relevant if you want to avoid sending outdated notifications.
- The Filter section allows you to limit the notifications to certain parts of your installation or carriers. This is useful if you e.g. want to use a specific template for only one carrier or a specific location. In the example below, the filter has been configured only to look at the carrier DPD.
- In the Advanced section, you can choose to disable notifications for either return shipments or standard shipments, and you can configure a time when you do not want to "disturb" your customers with notifications.
- Click Save to finish creating your profile. You can create multiple profiles to cover many different events, carriers, languages, etc. For more information on how to manage localized templates, see this article: Manage localized notification templates.
Note: While the profile will look for the trigger events specified, only a single notification will be sent out, if two events arrive shortly one after another. For instance, if two parcels on the same shipment receive an event a few minutes apart, only one notification will be sent.
Send product feedback
If you would like to give us product feedback and help improve Notifications, please follow the steps below:
Click here to fill out the feedback form.
- Select Customer Service.
- Fill in your email address.
- Fill in a subject starting with BETA. E.g. "BETA - feedback about notifications". This is very important to make sure your feedback ends up in the right department.
- Write your feedback in the Description field.
- Choose your Country.
- Choose Ship as the nShift product.
- Choose Service request under Type.
- Click Submit.