If you have set up ShipAdvisor to retrieve prices you may experience that no prices are shown, e.g. if the carrier's price calculation web service is not responding or timing out. To avoid this, you can set up a fallback solution to ensure that a price is always shown.
This article will explain how to add a fallback price to an existing setup.
- Go to Portal > Shipping Rules.
- Edit your Shipping Rules file. If it is in use, choose Edit in Drafts.
- Fallback prices are not supported in the UI yet, so you must select Show xml editor and click Next.
- Click on the XML tab. Locate the <Product> node of the product where you want to show a fallback price and add the following snippet with your price and currency:
fallbackprice="inline" price="50" currency="EUR"
The example below shows three products using price calculation. A fallback price has been added to the product DHL Euroconnect Domestic.
- Click Save.
- The next time you use GetShipAdvise and you do not get a response back from the price calculation setup, you will see a fallback price. The example given above will return a response like this for the DHL Euroconnect Domestic product:
"ProdName": "DHL Danmark - DHL Euroconnect Domestic",