There are three ways to book a new shipment:
- Through new shipment
- Through import shipments
- Through copying a current shipment
Here we'll explain how you can book a new shipment manually. View the other solutions to see the other options.
Booking a single shipment
Go to manage shipments and then click new shipment. You will be taken to shipment details. This screen is divided into three sections:
- Addresses: the part with sender and receiver addresses. If necessary you can also fill in the invoice and/or third party addresses.
- Packages: the package specific information, possibility for delivery note lines and dagerous goods information.
- Shipping: general information for shipping details and additional details. And if necessary Shipping information for shipping details and additional references.
- In this address details the details of the sender or pick-up address are entered.
- This address will be used as sender of the shipment. When your address is configurated in 'Manage Account' this address will be prefilled automatically.
- In this segment the details of the sender or pick-up address are entered.
- When you use a address book you can type the first letters of an address from your address book in the field 'Address Book', you will be given the option to choose from your address book and the data will be automatically added.
- In contact person the contact details of the recipient are entered. These are especially important (sometimes even mandatory) for express shipments where the carrier requires a name, telephone number and / or e-mail address for the delivery communication.
If you want to ship this shipment to a pick-up point you can select a location in this segment. First fill in the receiver details of the consumer and then click on 'Select pickup point' and the map will be loaded with locations.
Select a location and choose for 'Add Pickup point'. The address of the chosen location will automatically be filled in the receiver address and the details of the consumer will automatically be transfered to the Invoice address.
1.3 Invoice and Third Party
- You also have the possibility to add a billing address (INVC, invoice) or data from a third party (3PTY, 3rd party). Under the segment Invoice you can enter the data of the person to whom the goods must be invoiced. This information is important, for example, when there are drop shipments where a wholesaler (sender) directly sends goods on behalf of the customer (invoice) to the end customer (receiver). For this option, select INVC or 3PTY and click add address. A new tab now appears that you need to complete.
Before you can place a booking, you must fill in the number of packages data. When you configurated your account via Manage Account, one package is already prefilled by default. The icons next to the package lines can be used to edit or delete them.
Use the button Add Package to add a package.
2.2 Delivery Note
Delivery note information is optional and can be used for paperless invoicing processes outside the European Union, where freight information must be passed on to the customs via the carrier. This information can be recorded using one or more delivery note lines.
This information is extremely critical for transport and should be entered in close consultation with the carrier. Transsmart bears no responsibility for the correctness of the data you have entered.
Click add information to add a new line.
2.3 Dangerous Goods
If you are shipping dangerous goods, you can use the segment Dangerous Goods to record the data for the ADR products. You can add multiple products to one package so that the carrier knows exactly which hazardous substances are in which package and with what quantity.
This information is extremely critical for the transport of hazardous substances and must be entered in close consultation with the carrier. Transsmart bears no responsibility for the correctness of the data you have entered.
By pressing the button add information you can add one or more lines. You can choose whether you want to add this at a shipment level or at the package level.
In this segment the general shipment data is entered on the basis of the configuration and / or desired details.
Your unique reference for the shipment.
|Booking Profile||When you configured Manage Account there will be preset booking profiles you can choose from. The default will be prefilled.|
|Run Carrier Selection||When transport prices have been entered at Transsmart, the button run carrier selection can be used to view the transport services that are available for the shipment you have entered and at what cost. Based on this you choose the transport services. By clicking select you can change your selection for carrier and /or service level (service level time/other).|
|Carrier||The carrier with whom you want to send the shipment. The default will be prefilled.|
|Service Level Time||
The desired carrier service level. The default will be prefilled.
|Service Level Time Other||Choose the additional carrier service level option, if available and desired. (for example ADR, Saturday delivery, cash on delivery). The default will be prefilled.|
The desired collection date.* The default will be on the date of today.
Pick-Up Time From/To
The desired pick-up time from/to.*
|Cost Center||The costcenter you want to book on.|
|Incoterm||The incoterms give an exact distribution of the obligations of the seller and buyer in (international) transport agreements. This has been agreed in your transport contract.|
|Payment terms||Here you can add payment terms, these will overwrite the Incoterms.|
|Mail Type||Here you can indicate which e-mail notifications can be sent to the recipient, if configured for you. The default will be prefilled.|
|Language||Here you can fill in the language code of the receiver. Based on this language the track-and-trace email is sent.*|
|Instruction||The instructions for the carrier.*|
* Caution! Not every carrier uses this information.
3.2 Shipping Information
In this segment there can be given more details about this shipment
The value of the contents of the shipment.
|Shipment Weight||The weight of the contents of the shipment.|
|Shipment Weight Calculated||The calculated weight of the contents of the shipment.|
|Load Meters||The loading meters of the shipment.|
|Load Meters Calculated||The calculated loading meters of the shipment.|
|Shipment Value||The value of the contents of the shipment.|
|Service Type||The indication whether it concerns a shipment with documents.|
The description of the contents of the shipment.
* Caution! Not every carrier uses this information.
Here you can add monetary values on shipment or colli level. They can specified on goods, customs, insurance, COD, freight, taxes, duties or spotprice and added with a value and a currency.
Each shipment can be provided with one or more additional references. These references can be found in the segment Shipping Information on the right side. In agreement with Transsmart these references can be printed on the label and/or used in the email notification.
4. Action buttons
You are now done entering the shipment data and can use the following action buttons:
- Save as Concept: save this shipment to continue later. The shipment won't be sent to the carrier, it will be visible in the dashboard with status NONE.
- Book: the shipment is recorded in the Transsmart platform. The status changes to NEW or BOOK. For some carriers, the pick-up request is now also sent.
- Book & print: the shipment is booked with the carrier and the label is automatically printed. The status of the shipment now changes to LABL.
- Cancel: if you don't want to book or save the shipment, choose for Cancel. The shipment won't be created.