This article will explain how to set up Drop Zone with Cloud Print and start printing labels generated using the WooCommerce plugin. Drop Zone is an application that is installed on your machine. Cloud Print is a cloud-based solution for Shipment Server that lets you print in multiple ways. When the label is generated from the WooCommerce plugin, it is stored in a queue in the cloud. The Drop Zone installation will then be able to download the label to a specific printer.
Follow these steps to install Drop Zone and set up Cloud Print:
- Download the Drop Zone installation file (for Windows) and run the file as administrator. You can run through the installer accepting default settings and installation folders, or specify a different directory during the installation.
- Launch Drop Zone and go to the Ticket Connection tab. Enter your nShift username and password provided by nShift Customer Service. Test the connection by clicking the Check Connection button. If the user requires a proxy server to connect to Ticket, then the proxy server information must be filled in. Click Apply to save. (Note: you can't use credentials configured for both Ticket and Shipment Server)
- Go to the Printers tab to configure one or more printers. Click New, select a printer, and click OK to add it.
- By default, the printer type is set to A4-sized PDF. You can change this once you have added a printer, by selecting the printer and clicking Advanced. In the Settings tab, select another printer type. You can also configure if the printer should be set as default for freight documents or labels. Click OK to save.
- Go to the Cloud Print tab and make sure the checkbox next to Active is checked.
- Go to WooCommerce and choose nShift> Credentials and add your nShift username in the Ticket username field. It is the same username as you entered in Drop Zone.
- Fill in the Drop Zone installation ID in the Workstation ID field and click Save Changes. You can locate your Drop Zone installation ID by clicking About in the top menu in Drop Zone.
- When you submit a shipment in WooCommerce, select a Label Type in the submit screen. Use ZPLGK for the majority of carriers.
- When the shipment has been sent to the printer, you see a confirmation screen with the tracking number.