It is possible to create your own reports in nShift On-premises, using the Report Setup feature. The reports show your daily shipments, and unlike the "Carrier specific reports" and "End of Day reports", you can edit the reports and add or remove fields. The reports can be printed or sent to an email address.
Setting up a report
- Go to Setup and click on the level where you want to create the report. If you put it on carrier level, it will contain all the shipments made with that carrier. You may put it on a higher level to cover multiple carriers or on the lowest level, covering just one product.
- Right-click and choose New > Report Setup. (In this example, the Report Setup is added at the carrier level).
- Start by naming the report and choose a format in the General tab. In this example, PDF format is chosen. By default, the report is A4 sized but this can be changed in the Page section.
- In the Actions section, choose whether you want to email or print the report or both. If you choose Send by email, you must fill in sender and receiver emails. If you choose Print, you must select a printer that is able to print documents.
- If needed you can adjust the font size and the unit types used in the report. Click the Preview button to see what the report will look like. It will open up in the format you chose.
- Click OK to save your report setup. Next time you transmit shipments from Outbox, a report will be generated.
Editing your report
You can customize your report by editing the header and footer and adding or removing fields to fit your needs.
Header and Footer
- Click on the Header tab to edit the header which contains the title of the report. Change the title by clicking in the Report Text field and changing the text. Right-click to see more options. Here you can add and remove more header lines.
- The Footer tab has the same functionality as the Header tab and lets you modify the lines at the bottom of the report.
- Click the Preview button to see what the report will look like with your modifications. Below is the preview of the report we set up for this tutorial.
Click on the image to view it in full size.
- Click on the Report Fields tab.
- Select the fields you want in your report in the Selected column.
- Click in the Display text column to change the texts.
- In the Order By column you can choose Ascending or Descending for each field.
- Control the width of each field in the Field Size column.
- In the Summarize column, check the fields you want summarized in your report.
- Click the Preview button to see your report. It may take some adjusting to make the fields fit on the page. If you select more fields than there is room for, they will appear outside the border of the page and not be visible.
- Click OK to save your report.