Ongoing is a web based Warehouse Management system for 3rd party logistics. They have developed a standard integration to Shipment Server API which makes it easy for Ongoing customers to integrate nShift Ship (Consignor) with their backend and take advantage of nShift's extensive carrier library.
This article will explain how to connect Ongoing with nShift Ship and start making shipping labels.
Contents of this article:
- Watch the instruction video
- Importing carriers in Ongoing
- Configuring carriers in Ongoing
- Creating a shipment
Ongoing is able to integrate to Shipment Server, Ticket and nShift On-premises.
To integrate to Shipment Server and Ticket you need a Shipment Server account and a Portal user with Ticket access. Printing is done via Cloud Print in Drop Zone. OnGoing needs the following information to activate the integration on their side:
- Shipment Server Actor ID and key
- Ticket user name
- Installation ID from Drop Zone
If you do not have a Shipment Server account, please contact nShift Customer Service to get it.
Read more about Configuration of Drop Zone and Using Cloud Print.
If you are printing in On-premises, your On-premises must be configured as a Shipment Server On-premises. Follow this guide to set it up. Once it has been set up, you must provide Ongoing a URL to your installation. On-premises customers must provide the following to Ongoing:
- URL to On-premises installation
- Printer keys
Watch the instruction video
This video made by Ongoing explains how to set up the integration to nShift Ship (Consignor).
Importing carriers in Ongoing
- Log in to your Ongoing account and go to Registers > Transport Companies in the top menu.
- Click the button Check which transporters are available.
- Ongoing will make a request towards nShift Ship and display a list of the carriers that are available for you in nShift Ship. Select the products you want to import by checking the checkboxes to the right and clicking the Import button.
- You can edit information about the carriers by clicking the Select link next to each carrier on the list of imported carriers.
- You can edit details about the carrier such as contact information and measurements. Do not change the IDs - this will stop the product from working!
Configuring carriers in Ongoing
- Go to Registers > Transport agreements in the top menu.
- Click the button Check which agreements are available. Ongoing will make a request
towards nShift Ship and check which carriers are activated on your account in nShift Ship.
- A list is displayed with the subcarriers from nShift Ship. Select the ones you want to import by checking the checkboxes to the right and scrolling down and clicking the Import button.
- A list will be shown will all the imported carriers. By default, all carrier products are added. Click Select next to a carrier to edit the settings.
- Add the carrier account (carrier customer number) in the Customer number field.
- Remove the check from All Transporter Services if you want to disable some of the available products.
- Click Update when you are done.
Creating a shipment
Here we will explain how to create a simple order in Ongoing to enable you to make a test. For further questions about the process and flow in Ongoing, we refer to Ongoing.
- In the top menu, choose Order > Create Order.
- Choose the correct carrier in the drop-down menu under Freight Agreement.
- Fill in Order Number, Reference, Comment and information about Notifications if needed.
- Click Create or Update when done.
- Click the Pallet icon next to an order, to add more pallets or parcels and enter information about weight and measurements.
- Select one or more orders by checking the checkboxes on the right-hand side of the order list, and click the Send button when you want to create the shipments in nShift Ship.
- When the shipment is created, you will see a green box and a link to the carrier's track and trace page.
- The shipment can now be found in Portal.
For questions regarding the usage of Ongoing, we refer to their help pages: https://docs.ongoingwarehouse.com/