We recommend optimizing your Scan App Pro events so only the necessary steps are shown in the app. This will make your workflow faster and more effective.
The configuration of events is made in the Action Center in Portal. This article will show you how to configure two simple and basic flows.
If you are an existing customer migrating from the old Scan App, please go to the last example to learn how to optimize your flow.
Examples in this article:
- Creating a simple scanning event
- Making a signature close an event
- Optimizing workflows for customers migrating from the old Scan App
Creating a simple scanning event
In this section, we will show you how to make a new simple event. You may also edit an existing event to optimize your workflow.
- Go to Scan App > Scan App Events in Portal and click New.
- We have named the event Out for delivery and selected a matching normalized status. In the Related info section, we have disabled all options. If the information is set to Optional or Required, you must tap through them in Scan App Pro.
- Click Save to create the event.
- When using the event in Scan App Pro, you will see the Complete button straight after scanning a barcode.
Making signature close an event
It is possible to make a signature close an event. It makes your workflow very fast and effective. In the example below, we will make the signature close the "Delivered" event and also set it to mandatory.
- Click the Edit icon next to the "Delivered" event.
- Check the box next to Signature closes event.
- Set Signature to Required. In the example, we have also chosen to set Comment to Optional, so it is possible to leave a comment on the event.
- Click Save to apply the changes.
- In Scan App Pro, the workflow will look like this: Select an event and scan a barcode, type optional comments and add a signature. When tapping the Complete button in the Signature screen, the event will be saved and you are sent to the main screen, ready to scan the next parcel.
Optimizing workflows for customers migrating from the old Scan App
Existing Action Center setups have event properties such as Picture, Weight, Measurements, Comment, and Location set as Optional by default. This means that Agents who start to use Scan App Pro have to go through these screens until they can complete the event. This is time-consuming if the information is not needed.
If you want your agents to have a faster and more productive workflow, you need to change the event properties to only show the required screens and disable the ones you do not need.
- Go to Scan App > Settings > Scan App Events in Portal.
- Click the edit icon next to an event. In this example, we will optimize the "Ready for pick-up" event. As the example shows most event settings under Related info are set to Optional because this was default for the old Scan App:
- We want a very simple flow for the "Ready for pick-up" event, so we disable all settings under Related info. Click Save.
- Go through all events like this and disable all the related information you do not want in your workflow in Scan App Pro. If a property is set to Required, the user will not be able to continue the workflow until the required information is provided.
- When using the optimized "Ready for pick-up" event in Scan App Pro, the Complete button will now appear right after scanning the barcode.