If you experience one of the following errors in nShift On-premises, your Windows 10 may be running with the setting "Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support" turned on.
- Headers in nShift On-premises Sent, Outbox, and Contact Lists views are displayed incorrectly. There will be texts like "city_receiver" and "streetAddress1_receiver" instead of "City Receiver" and "Address1 Receiver".
- Error message saying: "Could not convert variant of type (UnicodeString) into type (Integer)" when trying to open a shipment.
- Error message saying "Range check error" when trying to link an address from the Contact List to Sender address in Setup.
- Label fonts may be skewed, or special characters printed incorrectly. Note that this error may also be caused by missing printer fonts - see this article on skewed prints and missing characters.
- Close nShift On-premises.
- Delete the Consignor folder under AppData. This is usually located at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\EDI-Soft\Consignor
- Open Windows Control Panel -> Region.
- Go to the Administrative tab and click Change system locale...
- Remove the check mark next to Beta: Use UTF-8 for worldwide language support.
- Click OK and restart your computer.
- Open nShift On-premises again. The files deleted in step 2 will now be generated with the correct encoding.