There are several ways you can create a return shipment in nShift On-premises:
- Create a return shipment in production view
- Create a return shipment in addition to a standard shipment
- Create a return shipment from Outbox
Please note that not all carriers support return shipments. You can only create return shipments if your carrier supports it.
If you wish to send return labels by email, read more in this article: Sending return labels by email (Mailback)
Create a single return shipment in production view
- Go to Production and choose the Return Shipment tab.
- Select the desired return product from the drop-down list.
- If you have a default Sender address this will automatically become the Receiver address.
- Fill in any missing address information and information about the shipment.
- Click the Print button to print the return label.
Create a return shipment in addition to a standard shipment
- Go to Production > Standard shipment, and choose Return shipment in addition.
- Fill in Receiver, Sender, and information about the shipment as usual.
- Click the Print button and a return label will be printed together with the standard label.
It is possible to control the number of return labels printed with this method by adding the Return Shipment setup item:
- Go to Setup and navigate to the level where you want to apply the additional return shipment settings. Right-click in the pane to the right and choose New > Return shipment Setup.
- Specify the number of labels you want or use the same as the original shipment.
- Check Invoice Amount if you want this value copied to the return shipment. Leave it unchecked if you are using Shipping Rules to add the invoice amount.
- Click OK to save.
Create a return shipment from Outbox
- Go to Outbox.
- Locate and right-click on the relevant shipment and select Create return shipment.
- The shipment now opens in the Return shipment tab where the Sender and Receiver information has been switched.
- Edit or add any information if needed, and click the Print button to print the return label.