This article will help you get started using the Magento 2 nShift plugin. It assumes that you already have installed and configured the plugin. Please read our article about Setting up the Magento 2 nShift plugin if you need help on how to set things up.
Content of this article:
Creating a new order
- In the left side menu, select Sales > Orders.
- Click the Create New Order button. This will open your list of customers.
- Select an existing customer or click the Create New Customer button. If you click the Create New Customer you must fill in some extra information about the new customer before continuing to the new order.
- On the Create New Order page, click the Add Products button.
- Tick all the relevant products in the Select column and click the Add Selected Product(s) to Order button. The Items Ordered section is now updated.
- In the section Shipping Method, click the Get shipping methods and rates link and select a shipping method.
- Finally, click the Submit Order button. Your order is saved and an order summary page is shown.
Shipping an order
Follow the steps below to create an nShift shipment and print the necessary labels once your orders are ready for shipping.
- In the left side menu, select nShift > Ship Orders. Alternatively, if you are already on the Orders page, you can select the appropriate shipments and choose Ship with nShift from the Actions menu.
- On the Ship Orders page, you will see a list of your orders. Select the orders you want to ship and click Continue.
- Choose a profile from the drop-down menu in the Choose how to ship column. The drop-down list will contain all of your enabled Shipping Profiles.
- Click Ship Orders. Magento will now pass a request to nShift Shipment Server which will create and print the label. After creating a successful shipment, you will see this message:
Transmitting data to carriers
You must log in to Ticket to transmit EDI to your carriers. Use your Portal login (contact nShift Customer Service, if you do not have a portal user) and follow the instructions in this article: Setting up auto transmit of EDI files in Ticket
If you set up auto transmit, you only need to do the configuration once and nShift will take care of the transmit.
It is also possible to transmit EDI-files manually. This could be relevant in some cases if you want to transmit a shipment separately or outside the normal time schedule. Read more in this article:
Transmitting EDI files to carriers in Ticket
If there is a problem with creating a shipment you may get a message like this:
The [SS] in the beginning of the error message means that the error comes from Shipment Server. If the error message begins with [INT], the error comes from the integration between nShift and Magento.
Error messages without [SS] or [INT] in the beginning indicate that the error comes from Magento but the error message will not always clearly indicate the root cause of the error.
The error message above stating a technical error can be caused by an empty field that is not required by Magento but is mandatory for the selected nShift product. In this case, the error message is not very specific as Magento simply reports a technical problem. If you see this message, check that all necessary fields are filled in.
- Magento version 2.4.X - some delivery options are not displayed and not saved to the database when using the nShift plugin with this Magento version.