Templates enable you to set up default values for weight, volume, number of parcels, content, etc. For example, templates are used by many customers to set the default number of parcels to 1.
The Templates field is located on the Goods information line in the Production view.
Learn how to:
Creating a new template
- Right-click in the Templates field and select Templates > Open.
- The Edit Profiles window opens. Click the Add new Template icon.
- Fill in the desired information under Edit selected template. If you want the template set as default, you must check it in under Select template. Click OK to save.
- The template is now available in the Templates drop-down list. When you select it, all the information on the goods line will be filled in with the default values from the template.
Saving the goods line as a template
Using this method, you can create a template based on the information you have entered on the Goods Information line.
- Fill in the desired information in the Goods Information fields.
- Right-click in one of the fields and choose Templates > Line as template.
- A new profile is created with the goods information. Note that a checked template works as the default template, so remove the checkmark if the new profile should not work as the default template.
- You can name and edit the profile under Edit selected template.
- Click OK to save your settings.
- Your new template is now available in the Templates drop-down list. When you select it, all the information on the goods line will be filled in with the default values from the template.
- To edit existing templates, right-click in the Templates field and choose Templates > Open.
- Click on a template and edit the fields under Edit selected template.
- Use the arrows to move the selected template up and down on the list.
- Use the star icon to sort the templates alphabetically according to name.
- Delete a selected template using the delete icon .
- Click OK to save your changes.