- Shipping Rules UI Lesson 1: Access and file management
- Shipping Rules UI Lesson 2: Creating Select Rules
- Shipping Rules UI Lesson 3: Creating Service Levels
- Shipping Rules UI Lesson 4: Setting up prices
- Shipping Rules UI Lesson 5: Use cases
- Use case 1: Select products based on weight and country
- Use case 2: Select products based on Postcode Range
- Use case 3: Using Service Levels for easy product selection
- Use case 4: Service Levels for parcels and pallets combined with Select Rules
This lesson consists of four fictional use cases*. Each use case contains a link to a step-by-step tutorial with screens that will show you how to set it up using Shipping Rules UI.
Use Case 1: Select products based on weight and country
Company X is based in Sweden and they ship products to Sweden, Denmark and Germany. They use carrier PostNord for all domestic parcels. For parcels to Germany and Sweden, they use PostNord for parcels up to 5 kg. For heavier parcels, they use Dachser.
Use Case 2: Select products based on Postcode Range
Company Y is based in Denmark and they only ship domestic packages. They use carrier GLS to deliver their parcels, except for some postcode areas in Copenhagen where they use DAO with same-day delivery service.
Use Case 3: Using service levels for easy product selection
Company Z is based in Germany and ships to a wide range of countries. They use several different carriers and would like to make it easier for their warehouse staff to choose the right products.
Use Case 4: Service Levels for parcels and pallets combined with Select Rules
Company Q is a Danish company that ships both Pallets and Parcels to domestic receivers. They use carrier PostNord for both business and private parcels. Leman is used for all euro pallets but they sometimes send bigger pallets and for these special shipments they use DSV. Occasionally, they have a pallet to be picked up at the warehouse. This is done by PostNord using the pallet "ad-hoc pickup" service.
*The carriers mentioned are used solely to illustrate the examples using carriers that are supported by nShift. The examples do not reflect any real cases with these carriers.
|← Go to previous lesson
|↑ Back to top