In nShift On-premises you can save a label in a specified place in the following formats: PDF, BMP, ZPL and EPL. Freight documents can be saved as PDF files. This is done by printing to a NUL printer.
Follow the steps below to set up a NUL printer. You can use any printer as a NUL printer as long as it has been installed directly on the server.
- nShift On-premises, go to Setup > Server Printers.
- Add a printer by clicking New.
- Rename the printer to NUL in the Printer column. You may add your own description to make it easier to identify the printer.
- Set the type according to the type of file you want:
- Windows (page) for PDF
- Windows (label) for BMP
- GK420D for ZPL
- LP2844 for EPL
- Next you must create a configuration file to define where and how the file will be saved. Create a new file in C:\Program Files(x86)\Consignor and name the file printtofile.ini. You can use a text editor like Notepad to create the file. The file must be in the same folder as the Consignor.exe application.
- Example of what the contents of the file could look like:
[Save]Specify that path of the folder where you want the files to be saved.
Folder = C:\Sender\PrintToFile
- By default, On-premises will name the files using your order numbers. In case there is no order number specified, NoOrderNumber will be used. If the same file name already exists, On-premises will append an underscore and a number. You can also specify another field to generate the name from. Example using receiver customer number (see list of field names at the bottom of the article):
[FileName]You may also add a subfolder in front of the name to place the files in a different subfolder:
- You must restart nShift On-premises and the ConsignorServer service whenever you make changes to the Printtofile.ini file.
Sample of fields which can be used in the file name section:
fld_AdrCustNo (CustNo) - Shipment
fld_AdrName1 (Name1) - Shipment
fld_AdrName2 (Name2) - Shipment
fld_AdrAddress1 (Address1) - Shipment
fld_AdrAddress2 (Address2) - Shipment
fld_AdrPostNo (PostNo) - Shipment
fld_AdrCity (City) - Shipment
fld_AdrCountry (Country) - Shipment
fld_AdrCountryName (Country Name) - Shipment
fld_AdrAttention (Attention) - Shipment
fld_AdrBuyerAttention (Attention) - Shipment
fld_RefOrderNumber (Ordernumber) - Shipment
fld_RefRecRef (ReceiverRef) - Shipment
fld_RefAttention (Attention) - Shipment
Several advanced features can be configured in the Printtofile.ini file.
- Control the size of the layout
- Upload files to an FTP server
- Overwrite existing files
- Use multiple file names
- Create subfolders
The advanced features can be configured by a technical consultant from nShift. Please contact our customer service if you are interested in an advanced setup.