Klarna and nShift have teamed up to provide an excellent check-out experience. With the Klarna nShift integration, you can connect the systems and get real-time shipping options at your checkout.
- About Klarna
- The Klarna and nShift Ship integration
- Ordering an integration setup
- Setting up Klarna Shipping Service in the merchant portal
- Using External payment methods in Klarna checkout
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden, in 2005 as a financial company with the purpose of making online purchases easier.
Klarna is the most used checkout solution in Sweden and Norway and handles payments from 60 million consumers to 100.000 merchants in Europe. This puts them as one of Europe’s largest banks.
Klarna’s customers, the merchants, are typically B2C businesses, from small to very large, where most of the shipments are delivered to:
- Drop Points
- Unmanned delivery boxes (Swipbox, Instabox etc.)
- In-Store Pickup
- Home delivery, with or without timeslots
The Klarna and nShift Ship integration
Customers like alternatives at the checkout when they shop online. Great delivery is an important part of a buying experience. The Klarna integration uses the Ship Advisor product to display relevant shipping options in the Klarna Checkout.
The Klarna and nShift Ship integration takes advantage of the possibilities given by Shipping Rules. This means that you can define exactly which shipping options to show your customers at the Klarna Checkout. The integration is especially suitable for webshops that offer more than one delivery option and want to give the customer the option to choose a pick-up point or delivery time. By connecting nShift Ship to Klarna, your customers get detailed information about all delivery methods, making it easy and safe for them to complete the purchase.
Ordering an integration setup
A few things have to be in place before you can integrate nShift Ship to Klarna Shipping Service:
- An existing Klarna Checkout v3 integration.
- Credentials to log into the Klarna merchant portal.
- An nShift Ship subscription.
Please contact nShift Customer Service to order a setup. Once we have received your order, we will contact Klarna who will activate the integration on their side.
When the integration is activated on Klarna's side, a technical consultant from nShift will contact you to clarify exactly how your setup should be configured. We must know what products should be available at your checkout and if special conditions apply in your webshop.
Setting up Klarna Shipping Service in the merchant portal
Once the setup has been configured in nShift Ship, you can go ahead and set up Klarna Shipping Service (KSS). If you experience problems with the following flow, please reach out to Klarna.
- Log in to the Klarna merchant portal here.
- On the overview of apps, click on Logistics.
- If this is your first time in the merchant portal, you will be presented with the Terms & Conditions before you can access the KSS setup.
- After accepting the terms, you are sent to the overview page. Here you can create a new profile.
- Name your profile and choose the environment. Click Next.
- Enter your nShift credentials. This is the Merchant ID and Key that you received from your contact at nShift after ordering the setup.
- Click Next to finish the setup.
- After closing the profile page, you will see your credentials on the overview page. You can activate or deactivate credentials here. Please note that you can have only 1 active set of credentials per MID/country. KSS is now activated in your Klarna Checkout and you will see the shipping options from nShift in the Klarna Checkout.
You can test your credentials in Klarna's tool called Shipwreck. If you manage to see shipping options in Shipwreck, then the nShift credentials are correct. If you do not see any shipping options or would like to make changes to the shipping options you see, please contact nShift Customer Service.
Using External payment methods in Klarna checkout
If you are using external payment methods in combination with Klarna Checkout, it is important to arrange a solution with Klarna to ensure the order is updated in Klarna once the external payment/checkout is completed. Without this nShift Ship does not receive the payment confirmation push from Klarna to finalize the order.
Read the Klarna technical documentation here: https://docs.klarna.com/klarna-checkout/in-depth-knowledge/external-payment-methods/
Example of External payment methods in Klarna Checkout: