This article will explain how to update your existing Import Setup to support DG Office integration. You must already have a DG Office subscription, and the DG Office module added in your nShift On-premises.
See also our article about DG Office integration in nShift Ship for more information.
Fields in Import setup
You need the following fields in your Import setup to support DG Office integration.
- ArticleNo->Dangerous – This field is required.
- Number->Dangerous – This field is required.
- TransportMode->Dangerous – This field is required. Possible options are Road, Sea and Sea and road. Must be written exactly as here, even casing is important.
- DeclarantName->Dangerous – This field is required. A default value may be configured. This is typically done when there is one person in the company dealing with dangerous goods.
- TransportInTank->Dangerous – Whole tank; Yes or No. DG Office will supply No, but this may be overridden using a configured value.
- DG Link To Goods Line->Import – Map DG line to contiguous shipment line. This should only be used if requested by the customer or carrier.
- ShipperReference->Dangerous – This field is optional. If used it will be printed as the Reference no at the top of the dangerous goods documents.
DG Lines and ordinary goods lines
Import files may contain both DG lines (Dangerous Goods lines) and ordinary goods lines. You should avoid creating goods lines for DG lines. To configure this, select the Options tab inside your Import setup item. Check Ignore lines with 0 packages.
When creating an ordinary goods line, the field Number->Line should have a value of more than 0 to make sure, the import line will be created as an ordinary line.
When creating a DG line, the field Number->Line should be set to 0 to avoid creating an ordinary goods line.
Some fields like weight and goods type can be left out since these are not used for DG lines.
Fields concerning the entire shipment like address fields must be included, and they must be equal on all DG lines. Line specific fields vary, e.g. ArticleNo->Dangerous and Number->Dangerous.