DHL SE, DK and FI are changing to a new pricing API by mid-January 2024. Ship customers using standard price calculation must update their credentials (DHL e-ID) to continue to receive prices from DHL.
This guide will explain how to update the credentials according to your Ship solution:
- Update credentials in On-premises
- Update credentials in Hosted solutions (Shipment Server and Ticket)
- Update the carrier account number
DHL SE customers must apply for an e-ID here:
DHL FI and DK customers will receive the new credentials from DHL.
nShift customer service does not have access to your DHL e-ID/new credentials.
Update credentials in On-premises
Once you have obtained your new credentials, follow these steps to add them to nShift On-premises:
- Go to Setup and find DHL Sverige, DHL Danmark and/or DHL Finland. The image below shows all affected subcarriers but you only need to update the ones available in your installation.
- Click on a subcarrier and locate the Price Calculation setup item.
- Double-click the Price Calculation icon and click Configure.
- Fill in Username and Password (obtained from DHL) and click OK.
- Click OK again to save and close the Price Calculation setup.
- Repeat steps 2-5 for any remaining subcarriers.
Update credentials in Hosted solutions (Shipment Server and Ticket)
Once you have obtained your new credentials, follow these steps to add them to your hosted Ship solution:
- Log into nShift Portal with your Owner or Admin user.
- Click on Settings in the top right corner and go to HOSTED BOOK & PRINT > Actors/Carriers.
- Click on the Actor and find DHL Sverige, DHL Danmark and/or DHL Finland.
- Click on the carrier and then the product group. The affected product groups that need new credentials are:
- DHL Sverige > DHL Freight Domestic, DHL Home Delivery, Service Point, and Service Point Retur.
- DHL Danmark > DHL Freight
- DHL Finland > DHL Freight
- Locate and expand the Price Calculation section. Please note that it may be activated under the individual products. You must locate and update ALL the Price Calculation sections under the relevant DHL carriers.
- Make sure the box next to Calculation active is checked and Standard (calculated by carrier if available) is selected. Fill in Username and Password with the credentials you received from DHL (Note: Swedish customers must apply for a DHL e-ID themselves).
- Click Save and repeat for any additional Price Calculation sections.
Update the carrier account number
If you have received a new customer number from DHL, you need to add it to your setup. Follow the steps below if you have an On-premises solution. If you have a hosted solution (Shipment Server or Ticket) you need to contact nShift Customer Service who can help you update the carrier account number.
- Go to Setup and find the relevant DHL carrier.
- Locate and double-click the Carrier Account icon. It is usually placed at the subcarrier level but may also be at the product level.
- Update the Account number and click OK.