With the new Stripe integration, it is now possible to charge end customers for their return orders if you wish to do this.
1. Setting up the Stripe connection
Before setting up prices on shipping rates and configuring the portal, it is a good idea to configure the Stripe connection first.
1. To start, go to your 'Billing & Company Settings' by clicking on the user icon in the bottom left corner of Webshipper, which will fold out this menu:
2. After the Company settings page opens, we need to navigate to the 'Payments' tab and click 'Connect' to be re-directed to Stripe account configuration.
3. From here you can login with an existing Stripe account or create a new one from scratch if needed.
4. Once the flow in Stripe is completed, you'll be returned to Webshipper and the page should now look like this:
2. Adding prices to return shipping rates
Now that the Stripe connection is running on the account, we can go and setup prices on return shipping rates.
1. Go to Connect -> Order Channels -> Shipping Rates and either create a new return rate from scratch, or open an existing return shipping rate.
If you want a guide detailing the shipping rate settings, please check this article (opens in new tab).
2. On the right hand side with the 'Shipping zones' configuration, we have the 'Conditions' for each zone. The price noted in this section will be the price charged in the return portal:
3. Adding 'Require payment' to refund methods
Now that we have the Stripe connection running and shipping rates with prices are configured, we can now require payment in the return portal.
1. Go to Settings -> Return Portals -> Open/Create a Return Portal. From here we need to access the second configuration step 'Returns':
2. Add a checkmark in each of the refund methods you wish to require payment from.
3. Make sure the shipping rate with price configured is selected in the 'Shipping' tab of the configuration here:
When this is configured, if customers select one of the Refund Methods with Payment Required enabled, they will now be charged the price configured on the shipping rate.
If you wish to review our Return Portal guide, it can be found in this link (opens in new tab).