In nShift On-premises you can choose a specific printer for a shipment by using a printer key in the import file.
Learn how to
Add the field in the Import setup
- Go to Setup and open Import Setup.
- Go to the Import Setup tab.
- Add a new field by clicking on Fields and selecting Append.
- Choose the field type Field and click OK.
- On the list of shipment fields, choose PrinterKey -> Shipment.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Map a printer key to an existing printer
- Gå to Setup and open Server Printers.
- Choose the desired printer and click Advanced.
- Go to the Import tab, click New, and enter a printer key, e.g. PRINT1.
- Click OK. The next time you import a shipment and add the printer key in the import field, the chosen printer will be used.
Note: If a non-existing printer key is sent to nShift On-premises, the shipment will be placed in Autoprint.