nShift On-premises may see the printer as offline due to delays on the network, problems with the print spooler, print server, etc.
1. Make regular troubleshooting.
- Make sure that the printer is turned on.
- Make sure that all cables are correctly plugged in.
- Make sure the printer is installed correctly. Learn how to install a Zebra printer in this article:
Installing a Zebra printer and drivers
2. Check the printer from nShift On-premises
- Go to Setup and click on Installation level.
- Double-click on Server Printers.
- Select the appropriate printer from the list and select Advanced.
- Go to the Commands tab, select Print Configurations / Self Test, and click Execute.
- If a configuration page is printed, it means that the printer is online despite the Printer offline error message.
3. Change the printer status
- Go to Tools > Options.
- Go to the Printers tab and set Check Printer Status to Never.
- Click OK to save.
- On-premises will now ignore the offline status and will be able to print.