It is possible to run a carrier update separately without updating nShift On-premises (Consignor) at the same time. If new features and improvements have been released on one or more of your carriers in nShift On-premises, you can perform a carrier update to get these updates without updating nShift On-premises.
If you want to perform a full update of nShift On-premises, see this guide instead Update nShift On-premises (Consignor) server.
Make a backup of your nShift On-premises. See our guide on Making a backup of nShift On-premises.
We recommend that an IT expert makes the backup and update.
Running the carrier update:
- Go to the nShift On-premises main installation and log into the server. (Get help from your system administrator if necessary).
- Start nShift On-premises.
- Go to Tools and Check for Updates.
- Select the Carriers tab. (Click the plus sign to the right, to expand and see the list of carriers with updates).
- Click the Update button to run the update.
- When the update is complete, nShift On-premises will shut down and must be restarted.