In nShift On-premises you can easily limit a user's access rights to various parts of the application.
- Go to Tools and choose Security.
- Click the New button at the bottom of the window to add a user you want to manage access rights for.
- If you add a checkmark in No access to nShift On-premises client (if not listed below) the user will not be able to access the nShift On-premises Client. You can customize the message to the right which will be shown when they try to start the Client. If you check No default rights when creating a new user or actor/location, all new users will be created with no rights and must be given access rights. Both of these options are unchecked as default
- Choose if the access settings should apply to Locations or Actors and check the boxes for the parts of the installation they should have access to:
Description of the different access options
- Search - can search for shipments.
- Produce - can create shipments manually.
- Delete - can delete shipments.
- View - can see the chosen location.
- Setup - can change system settings through setup.
- Security - can change security settings where access rights are managed
- Advanced - can access advanced features like SQL Explorer and Move Installation
- Cleanup - can use the cleanup database tools
- Backup & Shrink - can shrink the database and make backups
- Server Connection - can edit server name and ports
- Import & Export Configuration - can Import and Export installation configurations