nShift On-premises (Consignor) can be set up to transmit EDI files to the carriers automatically. See the important note at the bottom of the article.
- In nShift On-premises go to Main > Outbox.
- Right-click on the appropriate stack and select Schedule Time for Transmit.
- Select the option Scheduled or manual and click New.
- Select if you want the transmit to be Recurrent, Run Once, or run with an Interval. If you select Interval you can specify the interval in minutes and set both a start time and an end time. In the example below, EDI is transmitted every 5 minutes between 6:00 and 12:00 Monday to Friday.
- Check the days you want the automatic transmit to run and set the time. You may add additional time schedules by clicking New again.
- Click OK to save your settings.
If you select Transmit at submit time, an EDI file will be sent every time you submit a shipment.
The option Shipment - pickup date controls transmit date will transmit the EDI files according to the pickup date on your shipments. An offset of "-1" will transmit EDI one day before the specified pickup date.
Important note: Although automatic transmit is set up, we recommend checking that the files have been transferred.
It is your responsibility that the carrier receives EDI-files, and some carriers have a fee for missing EDI.
Reasons for missing transmit vary but could be due to network problems, internal firewall, wrong outgoing mail server, different ISP, etc. The carrier may also have problems receiving files on their side. If your automatic transmit fails and you have checked all of the above, we recommend contacting nShift Customer Service.