In nShift On-premises it is possible to send shipment documents like bills of lading attached to an email. This article explains how to attach a document to an email using the Mailback feature.
Prerequisites for sending documents by email
- Sending documents attached to emails uses the Mailback feature in nShift On-premises. Read how to set up Mailback here.
- You must have a printer of the type Windows page added.
Follow these steps to send a document using email
- Go to Setup and locate the level you want this activated.
- Right-click and choose New. Add the icon Document Options.
- In Document Options, select the document you wish to use and click the dots ... in the Mailback column. Notice that the document must be active.
- Choose whether you want the document attached to regular shipments, return shipments or both and click OK.
- Right-click and add the setup item Document Printer Mapping.
- Inside Document Printer Mapping, you must select the Windows page printer on the documents you want to email and click OK.
- Open/add the Mailback item on product level.
- Open the General tab and remove the tick in Disable mailback & documents on return shipments.
- Next select the Documents tab and select who should receive the document. In the example below, the document will be sent to Sender.
- Type the subject and body text you want and click OK to finish the Mailback setup.
- Remember to type in the customer's email address in the Sender email field when creating the shipment. (In this example we chose Sender in step 9 but if you chose other addresses, you must remember to fill in email addresses for these as well).
- Click Print to create the shipment. The customer will now receive an email with the document attached.