- Introduction - what is Shipment Completion?
- Activate and configure Shipment Completion
- Manual completion and troubleshooting
Introduction - what is Shipment Completion?
Shipment Completion is a functionality that can complete parcels into the same shipment if a similar shipment already exists in Outbox. This functionality can be attractive if the freight costs of multiple parcels within one shipment are cheaper than multiple shipments.
Shipment Completion is activated by default and the first time it is used, you will be prompted with a dialog box asking you if you want to complete a shipment with another shipment in the outbox. You will also get the option to check "Remember my answer for all products of this subcarrier (don't ask again)".
Note: Not all carriers support Shipment Completion.
Activate and configure Shipment Completion
Shipment completion is activated by default with default settings if supported by the carrier, but you can manually add the setup item to change how it is configured.
- Go to Setup in nShift On-premises. On the desired Carrier / Subcarrier / Product level right-click in the pane to the right of the setup tree and choose New > Shipment Completion. If the Shipment Completion setup item was added by nShift during the configuration of your carrier, simply locate it and double-click to open it.
- Choose when shipment completion should be applied.
- Click the Equality requirements button if you need to add or remove any of the equality requirements. These requirements determine whether two shipments should be completed or not.
- Click OK to save.
Manual Completion and troubleshooting
Manual completion can be used if you want to complete specific shipments without running automatic completion. It is also useful for troubleshooting. If automatic Shipment Completion is not working, you can do a manual completion to investigate why it is not working.
- Open the Shipment Completion settings and check Manual completion (from outbox) and Allow completion of equal shipment numbers.
- Go to Outbox. Mark the shipments you want to complete, and right-click and choose Complete selected shipments.
- Click Validate to check for any errors preventing completion. Any errors will be stated in the Error column. If the status is green you can click Complete to finish the completion.