- Introduction - what is Shipment Completion?
- How to activate Shipment Completion manually
- How to configure an existing set up
Introduction - what is Shipment Completion?
Shipment Completion is a functionality that can complete parcels into the same shipment if a similar shipment already exists in Outbox. This functionality can be attractive if the freight costs of multiple parcels within one shipment are cheaper than multiple shipments.
This functionality is activated by default where you will be prompted with a dialogue box, enabling you to check "Remember my answer for all products of this subcarrier (don't ask again)".
How to activate Shipment Completion manually
- Go to setup in Consignor. On the desired Carrier / Subcarrier / Product level right click on the right side of the hierarchy and choose New > Shipment Completion.
- Choose the desired functionalities and click OK.
How to configure an existing setup
- Locate the Setup icon. It is often located at subcarrier level as demonstrated in the screen shot below. Do a quick check on product level to see if Shipment Completion is activated. If the same rules should apply then you can delete the icon located at product level and configure the Setup Icon that is located on subcarrier level instead. Once the Icon is located - double click to configure.
- Inside the settings, choose when Shipment Completion should apply.
- Click the Equality requirements button if you need to add or remove any of the equality requirements.
If you do a manual completion you can validate to see why its not working:
- Check Manual completion (from outbox) under Shipment Completion settings.
- Go to Outbox.
- Check the shipments you want to complete. Right-click and choose Complete selected shipments.
- Click Validate to see the error messages.