Use the Notifications feature in nShift Portal to set up branded, customized e-mails and text messages and configure triggers for when they should be sent. This article will explain how to create and configure Advanced profiles. Advanced profiles are used when you want to send Notifications on missing events or shipment properties.
Before you set up a profile, it is a good idea to create the email and SMS templates for the notifications. Read more here: Create and edit templates for Notifications.
- Log into nShift Portal with your owner user. Only owner profiles have access to all the features needed to configure notifications.
- Click on Settings in the top right corner.
- Go to NOTIFICATIONS > Profiles in the left side menu and click New.
- Select the Advanced profile type and click Create.
- Start by naming your profile and adding a description. This will help you identify the profile later. Make sure to set the Enabled toggle switch to active if you want the profile to be active immediately.
- In the Action section, you can configure if you want to send a notification on shipments and which template to use. You can also choose to create an event on shipments when the notification is triggered.
In the example below, Notifications are sent on shipments using the template "Brand A" and when a notification is sent it sets the event "Out for delivery" on the shipment.
- The Trigger section is where you specify when the notification should be sent. Choose between Events or Shipment Property. (Note that the category and events are the normalized events from nShift Portal (read more here).
In the example below, a notification is sent if no "Delivered" event has been received within 3 days from an "Out for delivery" event.
In this second example, a notification is sent if a "Delivered" event is not received within 3 days from the Carrier ETA.
- The Filter section allows you to limit the notifications to certain parts of your installation or carriers. This is useful if you e.g. want to use a specific template for only one carrier or a specific location.
In the example below, the filter has been configured only to look at the carrier DPD.
- In the Advanced section, you can choose to disable notifications for either return shipments or standard shipments, and you can configure a time when you do not want to "disturb" your customers with notifications.
- Click Save to finish creating your profile. You can create multiple profiles to cover many different events, carriers, languages, etc. For more information on how to manage localized templates, see this article: Manage localized notification templates.