CPC Lesson 1 - Activation and file upload
- Activate a new CPC configuration
- Upload a CPC file
- CPC Lesson 2 - Configure the Main settings
- CPC Lesson 3 - Setting up Zones
- CPC Lesson 4 - Setting up Routes
- CPC Lesson 5 - Setting up Prices
- CPC Lesson 6 - Setting up Feeds/Discounts
- CPC Lesson 7 - Managing your files
CPC is short for Custom Price Calculation. Using the CPC user interface, you can create a setup based on the price agreements you have with your carriers. Whether your price agreements are based on distance, weight, geographical zones, and/or index prices, nShift Ship handles the calculation and provides the expected freight rates.
The calculated freight rates are shown in Ship before you book your shipments. Subsequently, they are stored in Portal where they will be available in reports which can be used for improved cost control.
If you are new to CPC, we recommend starting with a simple price structure and making it work before trying to set up more advanced calculations.
If you have a large, more advanced solution with multiple carriers or services consider booking a consultant from nShift to create the setup. Click here for more general information.
Activate a new CPC configuration
When logging into nShift Portal with your Owner profile, you have access to activate and make your own Custom Price Calculation configurations. Follow these steps to get started:
- Log into nShift Portal and go to Settings.
- Go to HOSTED BOOK & PRINT > Actors/Carriers in the left side menu. Navigate to the carrier where you want to activate Price Calculation. It is available on Product Group and Product. Choose Product Group if it should apply to multiple products.
- Click New Configuration and choose Price Calculation.
- Check the box next to Calculation active and choose Custom (based on uploaded xml file).
- Check the fields you want to be visible in the Visibility section.
- Click New. This will open a pop-up box.
- Click New in the pop-up box.
- Choose Create new configuration and click Ok.
- A new configuration starts with the Main settings. Go to the next article to learn how to configure the Main settings: CPC Lesson 2 - Configure the Main settings
Upload a CPC file
You can also upload and activate CPC configuration files in nShift Portal. Follow these steps if you have an XML or Excel file ready for upload:
- Follow steps 1- 7 in the section above about activating a new CPC configuration.
- Choose Upload an Excel or XML file. Drag and drop or browse to locate your file and click Ok.
- Your file is now uploaded under Drafts. Click the three dots next to the file and choose Publish. The file is now in production.
|↑ Back to top
|Next lesson →