To start configuring a new return portal, go to Settings -> Return Portal and click 'Create return portal' in the top right.
1. Setup Configuration
The first step will be the Setup configuration where basic settings are determined for return portals.
- Name is used to identify portals on your Webshipper account.
- Order channel is which order channel this portal belongs to. You can have more return portals per order channel, e.g. one in Danish and one in English.
- Interval for returns is used to limit how long after an order has been dispatched it can be returned, in days. Notice that it is counted as days after the order was marked as "dispatched".
- Language is which language the return portal should be in. We offer English and Danish by default, but all fields are customizable in a later step so you can translate to other languages if needed.
- Return Address is the return location end consumers will send their packages to. You can either use the return address from the order channel selected or another return address from your account (managed in Settings -> Locations).
- Use Email Address From determines which email address end consumers have to provide to start the return process. This can either be Billing Address or Recipient Address.
2. Returns Configuration
The second step will be Returns configuration where you can manage 'Refund method' and 'Cause of return' settings.
Refund methods are the different ways end consumers can choose to have their return cases handled. By default 'Store credit', 'Money back' and 'Exchange to new size' is configured, but you can edit/delete these as needed. At least one refund method is required.
- Validity in days is used to manage how long after an order is marked as 'Dispatched' that end consumers can select refund methods. Leave this field blank or at '0' if no time limit is wanted.
- Payment required will force end consumers to pay for the return shipment if needed.
- Rules can be configured to exclude specific SKU numbers from refund methods if needed. Remember to press 'Enter' or click the checkmark to add the SKUs before closing the Rules window.
Cause of return is the section end consumers provide details on the cause of the return case. By default 'Damaged', 'Too small', 'Too large' and 'Other' is configured, but you can edit/delete these as needed. At least one cause of return is required.
- Limit refund methods checkmark will allow you to configure which refund methods end consumers can select together with return causes.
- Comments required will force end consumers to provide a reason/description for the return case needed.
- Support image required will force end consumers to upload a picture to detail the issue(s) with their received products.
3. Shipping Configuration
The third step will be the Shipping configuration where you can manage shipping rates for the portal. At least one return shipping rate is required for the portal to function.
The return shipping rates are pulled from the order channel configured on the first step 'Setup'.
- Rules can be configured for each shipping rate to exclude either SKUs, ZIP codes or entire Countries. Remember to press 'Enter' or click the checkmark when adding SKUs or ZIP codes to add the values before closing the Rules window.
4. Details Configuration
The fourth step will be the Details configuration where additional details for the functionality of the return portal can be setup.
- Generate return slip and label on has two different settings. The default will print both label and return slip on a single piece of paper, while the alternative will split them into two different pages.
- Approve return before label is sent to customer will require a review and confirmation on each return case from the 'Ship' overview before end consumers receive their label/slips.
- Parcel slip/Email template for return/Email template for confirmation can create new templates or use any appropriate templates on your account that has been pre-configured.
- Send notification when a return has been created can notify a single email address that a return case has been created, with a direct link to the return case in the 'Ship' overview on your Webshipper account.
5. Brand & Text Configuration
The fifth and final step of the return portal configuration will be the Brand & Text settings.
From here you can change the wording of all text in the return portal to suit your needs, or you can use this to translate into other languages than the default English/Danish.
As an example, the blank field on the bottom of the first page can be used to link to your own Terms & Conditions.
6. Custom Styling
The final page 5 will allow you to further customize the look of the return portal using CSS code (only available for Advanced customers).