nShift SMS Notification makes it possible to send text messages to your customers to notify them that a shipment is on the way.
This service is invoiced differently according to the country where you have your subscription. Contact nShift Customer Service to learn more and have the feature activated. Once SMS notification has been added to your subscription, it can be set up in nShift On-premises.
Setting up SMS notification in nShift On-premises
Make sure SMS notification has been activated by nShift before setting it up in nShift On-premises.
- Go to Setup and choose the level where you want to activate the feature. We recommend Actor/Location level.
- Right-click in the pane to the right and choose New > SMS Notifications Setup. This will open the SMS Notification Setup window.
- Choose which country the SMS template should apply to under Message template for Country. The default settings apply to all countries.
- Click the Edit button to open the Message editor. Here you can edit the text message and add dynamic content. To add an item to the message, select it on the list and drag it to the text field above the message preview.
Here is an example of what you can add to the message:
Your order: @@fld_RefOrderNumber@@ is now being shipped from us and you can track the shipment here: @@fld_PackageTrackingUrl@@ - nShift.
@@fld_RefOrderNumber@@ is the order number registered in nShift On-premises. You can either type this or find it under Reference - Ordernumber.
@@fld_PackageTrackingUrl@@ is the tracking link to the carrier. Type it or find it under Reference - Tracking URL.
- You can define when the notifications should be sent under Send Options. In the example above, they will be sent on transmit. You can disable notifications on return shipments by checking Disable SMS notifications on return products.
- Click OK when you are done.
Adding SMS Notifications to your shipments
Once SMS Notification has been activated and configured, you will be able to choose the add-on service nShift SMS Notification on your shipments.