If you scan large amounts of parcels daily, you may use a device with an integrated scanner to help ease the work. This article will explain how to set up and use the Zebra TC21 with Scan App. This device has been tested and verified to work with Scan App but other Zebra devices with integrated scanners and Datawedge are likely to work as well.
- Start by downloading our demo DataWedge Profile on your device from here or scan the QR code below. Take a picture of the QR code with the Camera app and from the picture tap on the lens to decode the link. The download should now start automatically.
- Open the DataWedge app. Tap the three dots in the top right corner to open the menu and choose New profile.
- Name the profile and tap OK.
- Open the new profile from the DataWedge Profiles screen and tap Associated apps.
- Tap the three dots in the top-right corner and choose New app/activity.
- Select com.consignor.scanappx.prod under Select application and then * under Select activity.
- You will now see this listed under Scan App Pro associations. Tap the Back button to go back to the Profile view.
- Enable the keystroke output.
- Scroll down and tap Basic data formatting.
- Make sure to check Enable, Send data and Send ENTER key. Tap the Back button twice when you are done.
- From the DataWedge Profile page tap the three dots in the top right corner to open the menu and choose Settings.
- Make sure that DataWedge enabled has been checked and tap the Home button. You are now ready to use Scan App.
Scanning with Scan App
- Open Scan App from the main screen and start scanning using the integrated scanner.
- The scanned barcodes will automatically be added to the barcode field. The barcode count will increase accordingly. No interaction with the app is needed until you have finished scanning and are ready to assign an event. Tap Next and follow the flow on the screen.
For more information on how to use Scan App, assign events and more, please refer to our other articles about Scan App:
See all our articles about Scan App and Action Center here.