Using delivery option categories you can limit the number of delivery options shown in your webshop. You create different categories such as "Agent", "Box" and "Home" and assign your delivery options to one of the categories. You also decide how many delivery options to show for each category. It is particularly useful if you offer a large number of delivery options in general, but only want to expose some of them for a certain consumer group.
Best practice tip!
For the best results, categories should be used together with the sort order feature to show the most attractive delivery options at the top of the list for certain target groups.
Add a delivery option category
- Go to Maintenance > Delivery checkout.
- When creating a new delivery checkout you create categories on the New delivery checkout page.
- To create categories on an existing delivery checkout, click the edit icon to the left of the delivery checkout on the Delivery checkout page.
- Go to the Category section.
- The name you give the category, for example, "Home", is for internal use only.
- In the Max returned options field, select how many delivery options to show in this category, for example, "2".
- Click New category.
- Repeat the steps to add more categories.
When creating a new delivery option you link one of the categories you created to each delivery option.
You edit a category by clicking the edit icon to the left of the category row. You can edit the number of delivery options to show. If you want a new name you must create a new category.
You disable a category by clicking the delete icon to the left of the category row.