A delivery time report helps you to get better control of your shipments and to actively work to shorten lead times. It shows how many days that passed from the day the shipment was taken over by the carrier and the day it arrived at the pickup point or was delivered to the receiver. You can also see how long your shipment stayed at the pickup point until your receiver picked them up.
To calculate delivery time, your carriers need to send status information to nShift Delivery on a regular basis.
Most major carriers do that automatically but for some carriers you must request status reporting to be activated. Some carriers do not offer status reporting at all.
Create delivery time reports
- Go to History > Shipments.
- Enter search values. The search results of the selection you make are what will be included in the delivery time report.
- In the Status field, choose "Arrived pickup location", "Delivered" or both.
- In the Presentation section, mark the Report tab, select "Delivery time report” as Type and set Sort order to “Shipment number” and click Search.
Please note that it is not possible to sort by “ParcelNo” since delivery times refer to one entire shipment. Some carriers do not assign shipment numbers, why it is important to specify an order number or reference number to easily identify a certain shipment.
- For shipments that have not been picked up, a value is set in the Dispatching to Arrived pickup location (days) column. When the receiver picks up the shipment, a value is also set in the Dispatching to Delivered (days) column.
Shipments that do not arrive at a pickup location but are delivered directly to the receiver only have a value in the Dispatching to Delivered (days) column.
If you often use the same search values for your reports, you can create a search favorite.
Activate delivery time reports
- Go to Maintenance > My account and click Enable status reporting.
- Select the customer numbers for which status reporting should be activated.
It can take a few days before status events are updated.