With link to print you can send an email containing a link to a shipping document, instead of attaching a PDF document or printing it yourself and sending it by post.
- You can print an outbound label directly on your printer and use link to print for the return label.
- A big advantage with link to print is that the send date and EDI to the carrier do not become outdated or misleading since the printout is not activated until the recipient chooses to print, that is, uses the link.
- The availability of link to print depends on carrier requirements.
- You can use link to print for both standard printing and printing favorites.
- For using link to print through APIConnect, please refer to the REST API documentation. For OnlineConnect, please refer to the XML file specification.
Link to print - Standard printing
- Go to Shipments > Standard printing and enter your shipment details.
- In the section Options, check the Link to print box.
- Check Send link to print if you want the link to be sent automatically in an email. Otherwise, leave the box unchecked and copy the link that is generated when you click Print.
- Type a message if you want to add a personal message in the email. Use pipe characters, (|), for line breaks. You might want to enter different information depending on whether your shipment type is Normal, Only return or Normal and return.
- Click Print.
Link to print - Printing favorites
- Go to Maintenanace > Printing favorites.
- Click New printing favorite, or Search followed by the edit icon to the left of an existing printing favorite.
- For a new printing favorite, enter details as instructed for printing favorites.
- For both new and existing printing favorites, go to the Service and addons section and click Change.
- Scroll down to the Options section and select type of Link to print. You can specify whether the information should be hidden, locked or selectable.
- Check Send email if you want the link to be sent automatically in an email. Otherwise, leave the box unchecked and copy the link that is generated when you click Print.
- Type a message if you want to add a personal message in the email. Use pipe characters, (|), for line breaks.
You can add link to print to an existing printing favorite for one single shipment.
- Go to Shipments > Printing favorites.
- Select printing favorite by clicking the use icon .
- On the page Print - shipment and addons, in the Options section, select Link to print. The setting is not saved in the printing favorite.