Printing favorites is a tool that enables you to set up commonly used information about Senders and Receivers, carrier services, and shipment details. It helps optimize your workflow and simplifies the process of producing and printing labels. A Printing favorite should be customized to your needs and way of working and can have various degrees of default values, limited alternatives, mandatory fields, etc.
Creating a Printing favorite
Follow these steps to create a new Printing favorite:
- Go to Maintenance > Printing favorites and click New printing favorite.
- You will now see a page with 4 sections (click the names to go to the more detailed description):
- Basic information
- Sender and receivers
- Service and addons
- Shipment and parcels
Fill in the fields in the Basic information section. You must fill in Name as a minimum.
Click the Change button in each section to open the configuration options for each section.
- Click Finish to save the Printing favorite.
- The Printing favorite will now be available when you go to Shipments > Printing favorites.
Settings in the Basic information section
- Only the Name of the Printing favorite is mandatory information in the Basic information section. You may enter an optional text describing the Printing favorite.
- If your Delivery account uses profiles you can set the profile group and save shipments in a specific profile group. Check Hidden if you want the group to be hidden from the user interface when using the Print favorite. Check Locked if it should not be possible to save shipments in another group.
Example showing the fields in the Basic information section:
Settings in the Senders and receivers section
When you click Change in the Senders and receivers section, you will open a page with editing options for a number of different address types and payer types:
- Dispatch party
- Delivery party
- Return address
- Payer, freight
- Customs payer
- Payer, tax
For each address type, you have the following configuration options:
- Source- usually, the source is Sender/Receiver but you can change it by clicking the change button and choosing another option from the dropdown list. The source is where the contact information comes from.
- Filter- click Change to create a filter. Use this if you want to limit the number of contacts to choose from.
- Default sender/receiver/deliver party etc. - choose a contact if you always want to use the same contact. If you check Hidden, the contact information will not be displayed in the user interface when printing. If Locked is checked, it is not possible to change the contact.
- Default mode - determines how this address type should be displayed when using this Printing favorite.
- Use Register new/edit selected if you want the mode where you fill in a new contact.
- Use Select from address book if you want to select your senders from the existing list of senders.
- Locked to default mode - check this box if it should not be possible to change modes.
- Never propose a sender - check this box if you want the sender field to be empty and force the user to select a sender. This can help avoid the selection of a wrong sender.
- Mandatory search value - check this box if a search value must be used.
- Only exact search - check this box if there must be an exact match between the search value and the search results.
Example showing the Sender options:
The configuration options are the same for Receivers and the other address types. Configure the ones you need and click OK to return to the main Printing favorite configuration screen.
Settings in the Service and addons section
The Services and addons section is where the carrier and carrier services are selected. When you click the Change button in the Services and addons section you will be able to select a service and the addons that should be available on the Printing favorite.
Example showing a snippet of the service and addons section:
The Service section
- Filter - Click the Change button to create a filter. Using a filter, you can create a limited list of carriers and services that should be available for the Printing favorite. Check the carriers and services that should be available and click OK.
- Service- Select a service here if you always want to use the same service. If you check Hidden, the selected service will not be visible in the user interface. If you check Locked the service cannot be changed by the user.
- Normal label- check to print a normal label.
- Return label - check to print a return label. It is possible to check both Normal and Return label.
- Hide selection of label - check if the label selection option should be hidden in the user interface during printing.
- Use sender address on label - Check if you want the sender address to be used on the label instead of the dispatch address, in cases where a dispatch party is used.
The Addon section
- Filter - Click the Change button to create a filter. Using a filter, you can create a limited list of addons that should be available for the Printing favorite. Check the relevant addons and click OK.
- Hidden- check if the addon should be hidden in the user interface.
- Locked- check if it should not be possible to change the addon.
- Select if valid - check this the addon should always be selected when valid.
- Addon-specific information - click on the plus icon next to an addon to open more options. These are addon specific since different addons require different kinds of information.
Example showing the addon-specific information for Notification / AVI / E-advisering:
Settings in the Shipment and parcels section
When you click Change in the Shipment and parcels section you will see a list of all the fields and the available settings for each field. The settings depend on the field and some will have more options than others.
- Hidden- check to hide the field in the user interface. Any default value entered will still be applied.
- Locked - if checked the field will not be editable in the user interface.
- Mandatory - check to make this field mandatory to fill in.
- Receiver's value - check to use the Receiver's value for the field.
- Sender's value - check to use the Sender's value for the field.
- Ignore warnings - if you check any of the boxes in this section you will be able to print shipments that would normally be generated with a "Warning" status.