This series of articles will help you get started with nShift Delivery. In this article, you will learn how to create a sender.
- Getting started with nShift Delivery 1: User interface
- Getting started with nShift Delivery 2: OnlinePrinter
- Getting started with nShift Delivery 3: Add a sender
- Getting started with nShift Delivery 4: Add a receiver
- Getting started with nShift Delivery 5: Standard printing
Getting started with nShift Delivery 6: Create a printing favorite
Create senders in your Delivery account to make it easier and quicker to create shipments. It will save you from having to enter all sender details for each shipment.
- Go to Maintenance > Senders.
- Click New sender.
- Fill in Name. All mandatory fields are marked with *.
Check the Receiver box if you also want this contact to be available as Receiver. Add a Quick ID if you want to be able to search for the sender by ID later on.
- Enter Address details. You have the option to enter contact details if you want.
- Enter account information if you use COD or any other service that requires account information.
- Click Add Carrier to add the carrier(s) that should be available for this sender. The available fields vary from carrier to carrier but as a minimum, you should fill in CustNo with your carrier customer number. (Contact the carrier if you are unsure which customer number to use).
- In the Search information section, you have the possibility to add values in the category fields. This is useful if you want to be able to identify a group of Senders at a later time. Examples of categories could be "Swedish senders", "Christmas gift receivers" or use the integer fields to be able to search by number.
- In the Default values section, fill in any of the fields if they should be filled in with a default value when creating shipments. This could be information such as sender reference and delivery instructions.
- Click Save.
- The Sender will now appear on the list of senders when you create new shipments under Standard printing.
You can also add a new sender when printing, using standard printing, and, if the option has not been locked, when using printing favorites. If you want to edit, copy or delete a sender, use the search function.
Go to the next article to learn how to add a new receiver: Getting started with nShift Delivery 4: Adding a receiver