This guide will take you through the steps needed to create a Track profile and a theme to display a branded tracking page.
Go through the following sections:
Create a Track profile
Make sure that Track has been activated in the Usage Profile. This can be done by nShift Customer Service.
- In nShift Portal, go to Settings > TRACK > Track Profile.
- Click New and start by naming the profile.
- Expand each section that you activate and check the boxes next to the information that should be available in the Shipment Viewer.
- Upload your images in the Campaign (large banner) and Small Campaign (small banner) sections. If a text is already included in the image (this is often the case), you can leave the Title and Description fields blank. Enter the URL that the images should link to. See the Image specs below.
- Fill in the Contact us section with your company's contact information. This section must be activated and it is mandatory to fill in either the URL or the email address.
- Add any relevant information for the Return And Claims section, if activated.
- Click Save.
Set up a theme
- In nShift Portal, go to Settings > TRACK > Track Theme.
- Start by naming your theme.
- Upload a Favicon (the icon that will be displayed in the browser) and a Browser title.
- Upload a logo and a Hero banner, see the image specs for requirements.
- Set the Primary Color and a Secondary Color for the theme. Enter a hex code or use the color picker.
- Choose a Font type from the drop-down list.
- Choose your preferred Template style. The style affects the corners of the elements on the page. You can see in the preview what it looks like.
- Click Create.
Create a public profile
Create the public profile after the Track profile and theme are ready.
- In nShift Portal, go to Settings > TRACK > Track Public Profile.
- Click New.
- Name the profile and set the Enabled switch toggle to active. The profile must be enabled to view the tracking URL but you can disable it again if you want the profile to be inactive.
- Choose the Track profile and Theme from the drop-down lists. You will see any profiles and themes previously created.
- Configure the Search Field and Search Type. If you set the Search Field to "By order number" you will see multiple packages if the order number contains several packages.
- Edit the Installations and Actors if needed. Choose the Installations and Actors that the branded Tracking page should apply to.
- Expand and update the Locale settings if any changes are needed.
- Click Save.
- You will now see the Tracking Url of the tracking page (note: the profile must be enabled to see the URL). Replace QUERY with the order number or barcode depending on your settings in the Search Field (step 5).
The branded tracking page looks best if you use the recommended formats. We follow commonly used formats to make it as easy as possible for you to create a great-looking page.
Size and format
Hero image or video
Size: 1920x1080 [ppt-slide, max 1mb]
Video format: mp4, webm [max 5mb]
Image format: JPG/PNG
Size: 1080x566 (Instagram-landscape)
Size: Desktop size: 1600x900 [X-landscape]
Size: Mobile size: 400x400 [X-profile photo]