This article will show you how to add a simple fee to your Custom Price Calculation (CPC) setup. A fee is a simple supplement that is added to the price and in this example, we will show you how to add a 5% fee to all prices, using the CPC interface.
If you need to edit a price, please read more in this article: CPC - How to edit a price
- In nShift On-premises, go to Setup and find the subcarrier or product where Price Calculation is activated. Double-click on the Price Calculation icon to open it.
- Click Configure and then Browse next to the file you want to edit. This opens the CPC interface.
- Click the clone icon. This makes a copy of your file and places it under Drafts so you can edit it without affecting the live file.
- Click the edit icon next to the file you just copied to Drafts. Go to the Indicators tab and click New.
- Fill in a value in the Order field. If you have multiple lines, they will be applied according to the value in the order field. The priority is in ascending order. Fill in "2000". (Contact nShift Customer Service if you are in doubt about how to use the order field).
- Select Fee from the drop-down list. Name your fee so you can remember what it does, e.g. Oil fee, Diesel fee.
- Set the Basis. This decides whether the fee value is a fixed sum or is applied as a percentage. In this example, we are applying a percentage.
- Choose a Type to determine whether the price adjustment is made to the base price or to a price that has already been calculated based on another indicator. In this example, we will use To Base Value. You need to use To Previous value if, for instance, you are using goods types in your CPC setup. Click the checkmark icon to save. (Contact nShift Customer Service if you are in doubt about which type to use).
- Click the expand icon next to the Fee indicator.
- Click New and leave "0" and "*" in the Value From and Value To fields. Step defines the intervals that the fee will be applied to and if left blank, the fee will simply be applied to the full interval, which is what we want in this example. Click the checkmark icon to save.
- Click the arrow next to the interval to specify which routes to apply the fee to. Click New and select All from the Routes drop-down list. The value should be set to 5 because we want to add a 5% fee to all prices. Click the checkmark icon to save.
- Go to the Main tab and click the Close button.
- Publish your Draft file to replace the old live file. Your fee has now been added.