If you have Custom Price Calculation set up in nShift On-premises, you can easily edit a diesel fee yourself. This step-by-step guide describes how to download and edit a price file:
- How to export a price file
- How to edit the diesel fee in the XML file
- How to upload the XML-file in nShift On-premises
How to export a price file
- In nShift On-premises, go to Setup and find the subcarrier or product where Price Calculation is activated. Double click on the Price Calculation icon to open it.
- Click Configure and then Browse next to the file you want to download.
- Click the Export icon:
- The file, which is an XML file, is now downloaded to your computer. If you have problems exporting the files, you can contact our Customer Service and ask for the relevant files.
How to edit the diesel fee in the XML file
- Open the XML file, e.g. in Notepad. This is done by right-clicking on the file and selecting Edit.
- Once the file is open, look for the part that refers to the diesel fee. It can be named different things but usually something like "diesel fee", "oil surcharge" etc. You can press Ctrl+F and search for "Fee" until you find the appropriate text string.
In this example, it has been named "Diesel Fee" and is set to 24.5 percent as stated in
<FeeValue RouteName="*" Value="24.5" /> To change the fee, the value 24.5 simply needs to be edited to the desired number. Note that period and not comma must be used as the decimal separator.
- Save the file. It is now ready to be uploaded in nShift On-premises.
How to upload the XML file in nShift On-premises
- Go to Setup in nShift On-premises and double-click the Price Calculation icon on the subcarrier or the product where you downloaded the file (step 1 under How to export a price file). Note that a price file at the product level will take effect rather than one located at the subcarrier level. Therefore you should always select the lowest level in the hierarchy where Price Calculation is enabled to ensure that your updated price file takes effect.
- Click Configure and then Edit next to the existing price file.
- Click on the three dots to browse and find the updated price file on your computer.
- Once you have selected the file, click the Upload button. Then click Close and OK to close all the windows. It is important not to close the window by clicking the X in the corner, as the changes will not take effect in that case.
- Your updated price file is now loaded into the system and you should be able to see the changes within 5 minutes.