SmartDocs: Print all transport related documents from one system
We like to make things easy for you!
Do you recognise this?
All transport labels are automatically generated with the help of our SmartBook&Print module from your ERP, WMS or e-commerce system. However, every shipment (or receiver) imposes different requirements on the accompanying documentation. Think about customer specific arrangements, return label and additional freight or customs documents. How do you guarantee all these requirements and (customer) specific arrangements?
The use of SmartDocs
SmartDocs can, in combination with the Transsmart Business or Advanced subscription, be used for various purposes that render your shipping process more transparent and easier:
- Automatic printing of different packing slip templates.
- Automatic printing of airwaybills (CMRs) for national and international pallet shipments.
- Automatic printing of documents needed for export outside Europe such as CN22, CN23, CP71 forms.
- Automatic printing of additional export documents such as pro forma invoices, manufacturers declarations or fabric detail sheets. (Also for ADR shipments; ask our new business managers for the details.)
- Automatic printing of combined shipment labels, return labels and packing slip information on one integrated form with the so-called Print & Ship™ module.
How does SmartDocs work?
In association with our project manager you determine what additional labels and documents are required and in what situation this applies (CMRs are, for instance, only required in case of pallet shipments). These templates are then set up at Transsmart and are linked to the user, the delivery option or other relevant settings. Per document it is examined whether this is required per parcel / pallet or per shipment and in what quantities they must be printed. In addition, it is established whether a label and/or document must be printed by the laser printer (as a PDF document) or by the label printer (as a ZPL document). All data from the booking are then used at the correct location in the documents. Do you also want to email the documents to the recipient? That is possible too!
In association with Lexmark it is even possible to deploy the Print & Ship™ module, which makes it possible to print the packing slip, the label and the return label on one A4 sheet, double-sided and fast. Are you interested in this? Then check out our SmartLabel information.
- Only one system required to print all documents.
- Save time in your process by having all documents printed at the right time by the correct printer.
- Save time: no double entry required anymore. The data from the ERP system are used.
- Save money on printing costs (toners) and labels by intelligently combining labels and documents.
- Increase your customer service and reduce your return handling by immediately sending return labels and instructions with the shipment.
What does it cost?
The implementation of SmartDocs brings about the following costs:
- Connection costs per carrier if not already present: € 540.00
- Set up existing document templates: € 240.00 each.
- Design and realization of new documents: € 960.00 each.