SmartTrade: optimise your international trade flows
We like to make things easy for you!
Do you recognise this?
Your business grew from a traditional role as a wholesaler into an omnichannel sales organisation. The number of orders increases but the order size and value decrease. Additional arrangements (e.g. Incoterms) and (commercial) documentation requirements are often applicable to international shipments that all affect your ERP system and the shipping process.
The use of SmartTrade
SmartTrade can, in combination with the Transsmart Business Subscription, be used in various ways to improve the insight and the control and to reduce the handling:
- Use the product data from your ERP system to prepare the international shipment (HS codes, Country of Origin, Reason of Export and correct value).
- Secure the stipulated sales arrangements with regard to payment of VAT, import duties and transport costs through a combination of the correct transport services and Incoterms.
- Reduce the handling by sending all data to the carrier electronically as a result of which you need to print and send less or no commercial documentation.
- Speed up the customs clearance process and the delivery as the carrier can supply the data to customs prior to the arrival.
- Use the data from your ERP system to generate necessary forms automatically (pro forma invoice, CN22, CN23, CP71).
- Reduce the customs clearance costs by making use of customs consolidation*.
*Only available in case of a limited umber of express carriers and with additional conditions.
How does SmartTrade work?
The SmartTrade module is a module that is offered in combination with SmartShipping. Through our API this module can also be integrated in your own specific environment. Every carrier has its own set of products that support international shipments and the relevant commercial documents.
If the master data of the products in your ERP system are properly entered and the correct carrier services (products of the carriers) were configured in SmartBook&Print, then every shipment is supplemented with the relevant product data. SmartTrade then ensures that the product data are shared correctly with the carrier and the relevant commercial documents are generated and printed automatically.
- Make worldwide shipments a lot easier.
- Use one uniform process.
- Minimise the chance of errors when preparing the shipment with regard to the stipulated commercial arrangements.
- Reduce the handling time.
- Accelerate the shipping process by offering the data to the carrier electronically.
- Reduce the customs clearing costs by making use of customs consolidation.
What does it cost?
Ask your Transsmart account manager about the costs.
Attention: paperless invoicing is only possible with a limited number of carriers. Contact us for the possibilities.