SmartRouting: Secure all your transport arrangements in our system
We like to make things easy for you!
Do you recognise this?
The logistics / transport manager concludes agreements with carriers. In this respect he has clear intentions as to how different delivery options can be used to deliver the right service and to keep the transport costs as low as possible. However, a considerable part of this knowledge and intentions are lost during the registration process with the carrier.
Employees of sales office staff and warehouse employees do not dispose of all information to reach a correct decision at carrier level. Nor are all service levels always available on the basis of the characteristics of a shipment. How do you secure and automate these arrangements and do you keep the costs under control, without comprising the service?
The use of SmartRouting
SmartRouting can be used for various purposes on the basis of no less than 20 different routing parameters, including:
- Prevention of additional unexpected transport costs afterwards (e.g. due to oversize / too heavy shipments).
- Prevention of shipments being send to a post box by a carrier who cannot do this.
- Prevention of unnecessary delays.
- Automatic forcing / routing of the correct delivery option per country / postcode area or personal segment (cost centre).
- Automatic correction / routing of shipments on the basis of the value of the goods.
- Automatic correction / routing of shipments on the basis of lead-times.
- Automatic correction / routing of shipments to the correct account number.
- Automatic correction / routing of shipments on the basis of the type of packaging and quantity (e.g. letterbox).
- Automatic correction / routing of shipments on the basis of the day in the week.
- Always the best carrier for your shipments.
- Securing your processes and transport agreements.
- Decisions can be reached at management level instead of by the warehouse employee.
- Prevention of unnecessary delays and returns.
- Prevention of unexpected additional transport costs.
- In combination with SmartRates the cheapest shipment option can be selected automatically.
How does SmartRouting work?
In association with our project manager you determine the routing parameters that are important to you. It is established for every situation what the desired outcome of the booking would need to be. A notification can be given to prevent additional costs or delays or the correct delivery option can still be found automatically. We establish these so-called ‘routing rules’ in our system. Every shipment that is booked follows this set of rules and routes the shipment to the desired result. Shipments to post boxes in the Netherlands are, for instance, always delivered by PostNL and the correct carrier (determined by the transport buyer) is selected per country / postcode.
What does it cost?
Ask your Transsmart account manager about the costs.