A temporary customer number is used when a customer number is not listed as a transport agreement on your account, e.g. if you only need to use a receiver once. To add a temporary customer number, you must enable the feature "Temporary Customer Number" on the consignment template that you want to use.
Learn how to:
Enable a Temporary Customer Number
- Go to Your Account > Template.
- Select the template you want to use and click the Edit button on the right-hand side.
- Scroll down to the FREIGHT PAYER section and check the box next to the temporary customer number you want to enable. You can choose between Consignor's agreement, Consignee’s Agreement, or Third-party agreement. (You will only see the temporary customer number fields if they are supported). You fill in the customer number now or when you create the consignment.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
Please note that the Temporary Customer Number is not accepted on all transport services. Ask your carrier's customer service to get information about which shipping services you can use.
Create a consignment with a temporary customer number
- Go to Create consignment.
- Choose the correct template and fill in the fields as usual.
- In the FREIGHT PAYER section, select the temporary customer number and fill in the field if you did not save a number on the template.