The "Clone User" feature is useful if you need to create a lot of new Portal users with identical properties. It allows you to use an existing user as a template to create up to 20 new users. The feature is available for users with an "owner" profile. The feature will copy locale settings, user type, user profiles, functionalities setup, data access setup, shipment viewer profile, site theme, and external authentication provider (if it exists). Owners cannot be cloned.
Follow these steps to clone a user:
- Log into Portal with your owner user.
- Click your name in the top right corner and choose Settings.
- Go to USER ACCOUNTS > Customer Users (or Carrier Users if you are cloning a carrier user).
- Check the user you want to clone, and click the action wheel in the top right corner and choose Clone.
- Fill in information about the users you want to create in the New users data field. Username and email are required input while full name is optional. The data must follow this format and user names must be unique and not already in use by other active or deleted users in Portal:
- Click Clone user when you have entered your data (up to 20 users).
- If the data are valid, you will see a "Success message" on the screen and the new users will appear on the user account list. Emails will be sent to the new users with a link to create a password. If invalid data were provided, e.g. a username that already exists, an error message will appear on the screen.