This article will explain how to register a new shipment without using templates.
If you wish to learn more about the use of templates, we recommend reading this article:
- Go to Create consignment in the top menu.
- Enter Shippers ref and Consignees reference in the REFERENCE section, if needed. This information is optional.
- Fill in all relevant addresses in the ADDRESSES section. The Consignor and Consignee addresses are mandatory. To use an address from your address book, search for it by entering at least two characters in the search field. You can also search for addresses based on address ID or enter a country code to search by country.
- If you want to use an address that is not in your address book, select New/Other address and fill in the fields. Fields with bold labels are mandatory. Tick Save address in Address book if you want to save the address for later use.
- Fill in information about the goods in the GOODS ROWS section. All fields with bold labels are mandatory. Mandatory information can vary from carrier to carrier but Number, Package type, and Weight are mandatory. Click the Add goods button to add additional goods rows.
- Choose a product. The product is the carrier service you want to use for your shipment. If you only have one product, or if you are using a template with a preselected product, it will be automatically preselected.
- Choose any additional services needed in the PRODUCT section. The options will vary according to the selected product. (Example shows the available services after selecting DSV Road SE.)
- In the FREIGHT PAYER section, choose who will be paying for the freight. A transport agreement for the consignor is mandatory and can be locked to a specific address in the address book. Not all products support different freight payer options.
- In the OTHER section, you can fill in information such as delivery instructions, information from the sender, pickup date, etc. The number of fields in this section varies depending on the template and product used.
- When all relevant sections are filled in, click the Refresh button at the bottom of the page to verify that no mandatory information is missing. If information is missing or something has been entered incorrectly, you will see an error message at the top of the page, and the field with the missing or incorrect information will be marked with an exclamation mark.
An exclamation mark will appear next to the affected field.
- When all information is correct, you can click Save or Save and print. Save will move your shipment to the Saved Shipments page. If you choose Save and print, the freight documents will be generated immediately and opened in Adobe Reader. Your shipment is now ready to be booked.