This series of articles will help you get started with nShift Delivery. In this article, you will learn how to make a single print job using Standard printing.
- Getting started with nShift Delivery 1: User interface
- Getting started with nShift Delivery 2: OnlinePrinter
- Getting started with nShift Delivery 3: Add a sender
- Getting started with nShift Delivery 4: Add a receiver
Getting started with nShift Delivery 5: Standard printing
- Making a standard printing
- Options on the Print screen
- Adding multiple parcels
Getting started with nShift Delivery 6: Create a printing favorite
Making a standard printing
Standard printing is used for making single, manual, print jobs.
If you need to produce multiple shipments with the same sender, carrier, services etc. , we recommend creating a printing favorite so you can reuse the same settings for other cases.
Follow these steps to make a single print job using Standard printing:
- Go to Shipments > Standard printing in the top menu.
- Select a Sender from the sender list or enter a new sender by clicking the New tab. You can search if you have a long list of senders.
- Select a Receiver from the sender list or enter a new sender by clicking the New tab.
- Select a service and click Next.
- Fill in any additional information needed in the Shipment section. Any default information saved on the Sender will already be prefilled.
- Check any Additional services if relevant.
- Fill in any relevant information in the Parcels section. Any mandatory fields will be marked with * and the fields vary from carrier to carrier. Some carriers also have a Freight measure section where information about volume, load meter, etc. can be entered. (See the section about adding multiple parcels).
- Click Print to print immediately. This requires that the OnlinePrinter application is installed on your computer. Print PDF opens the label in a PDF viewer on the screen. You can print the PDF or download it. Alternatively, choose Store to save the shipment for later printing under Shipments > Stored printings.
Example showing the fields of a carrier with mandatory fields and a Freight measure section:
Options on the Print screen
The Print button will launch the OnlinePrinter application after which you have several options:
- Click Print report or Back to start a new print job if the printing went well and should be used.
- Click Discard if the printing went well but should not be used.
- Click Discard & print again if the printing was not successful but the problem can be solved immediately, for example, by loading labels.
- Click Discard & store of the printing was not successful but the problem can be solved later, for example, if the printer is out of order.
- Click Book to book at pickup if this is offered by the carrier. You can also book it later under Shipments > Booking.
Adding multiple parcels
If you have different types of parcels, for example, 2 parcels of 3 kg each and 1 parcel of 4 kg, you must enter the types separately.
- Set Number of parcels to "2" and Weight (kg) to "3". Click Add. A line will be added.
- Set Number of parcels to "1" and Weight (kg) to "4". Click Add. A second line will be added.
You can choose to specify parcel information per parcel or per row. All parcels in a shipment must be specified in the same way.
- "Specified per parcel" – the weight and/or the volume are calculated per parcel (2 parcels and 3 kg equals 6 kg).
- "Specified per row" – the weight and/or the volume is the total for the parcels (2 parcels and 3 kg equals 3 kg).
2 parcels and 3 kg, and 1 parcel and 4 kg, specified per parcel is 3 + 3 + 4 = 10
2 parcels and 3 kg, and 1 parcel and 4 kg, specified per row is 3 + 4 = 7
Go to the next article: Getting started with nShift Delivery 6: Create a printing favorite